01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is it possible to add audio recording to all my cameras?

maverhick

Hello,

I am using the Hikvision NVR - DS-7732NI-I4-16P along with Hikvision Cameras DS-2CD2142FWD-I . I have a few cameras all running on POE. I was wondering if it can be possible to add a microphone to these cameras and also record audio directly along with video to the NVR? Or since there is only 1 audio port, I can only run a single microphone for one cam? What is an alternative or way out?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @maverhick

If all your cameras are 2142FWD-I models then you will only be able to use the one audio port on the NVR, to get audio for each camera and have that be recorded with the video stream you would need new cameras with either Audio I/O connectors for adding a 3rd-party audio device (example product would be the DS-2CD2145FWD-IS) or replace with cameras that have built-in microphones like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU

I've seen some YT videos where people are able to splice the mics in - is that for real or there is just no way except buying the newer mic enabled cameras?

As far as we are aware there is no way to do this with the NVR and camera models you have, if there are YouTube videos out there relating to Hikvision products and/or specifically these models being able to do this it may be worth commenting on those videos to see if the original uploader can shed any more light on how they did it and what models they were using.

Back