01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

FAQ Is it Possible to get the same Functionality of a Hikvision NVR Accessed with a Direct Monitor when NOT Accessing with a Direct Monitor?

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
We recently had a customer ask the below question:

"Hi, I have a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR - I was wondering if there is any way to get similar functionality that you get when directly sat at the NVR; but remotely? I have access to the Hikvision interface via a browser but its missing features like being able playback at different speeds (2x, 4x 8x); and you can't search playback based on a smart event occurring. (Or I don't think you can)."

We have been asked this question in various ways over the last couple of years and we have answered this question and parts of this question in lots of posts around the forum so we thought we would create a separate post so the below answer is easier to find:

"Unfortunately, the only way to get the features available from a direct monitor is to connect a direct monitor to your NVR.​
If your I-series NVR is running the latest firmware and you are accessing from any browser on a PC then you should still have fast forward icons next to the play button at the bottom and these will allow you to speed the playback up to 4x but the browser will not go beyond this as it has to draw the playback footage over the local network and any faster would cause network stability issues.​
It's a similar issue with the Smart Events, you can only view smart events in the browser playback if you are recording by them. If you only have events set up for notification the alerts for these will not be accessible in the browser playback, there did use to be markers on the playback timeline for events but Hikvision removed the feature as it made playback & browser access unstable.​
The only way from a browser that you can view any event markers in playback is to use the Smart Event overlay function in playback (icon just above the timeline, 2nd from the left) which allows you to chose for motion, line crossing, or intrusion detection and whichever you chose the timeline will display anytime that event was triggered. (e.g. select line crossing, draw a line on the playback image [can be where you already have line crossing set or somewhere completely different] and little pink markers will appear below the timeline showing times when someone or something crossed that line)"​

The only way from a browser that you can view any event markers in playback is to use the Smart Event overlay function in playback (icon just above the timeline, 2nd from the left) which allows you to chose for motion, line crossing, or intrusion detection and whichever you chose the timeline will display anytime that event was triggered. (e.g. select line crossing, draw a line on the playback image [can be where you already have line crossing set or somewhere completely different] and little pink markers will appear below the timeline showing times when someone or something crossed that line)"

It seems that in latest firmware 4.30.005 the buttons are still present in the interface, but nothing happens if you select them and draw a line or an area. No markers appear in the timeline anymore.
Nothing is reported in the log of the new firmware release.

Back