01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is it Possible to Manage 3rd Party ONVIF Cameras using IVMS-4200?

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hi,

A customer emailed us today saying that he had bought a Milesight camera and was trying to add it to and manage it with Hikvision's IVMS-4200 software and said he was having problems getting the software to recognise his camera (even after he had used Smart Tools to give the camera the correct IP address and gateway address).

We tested this here in our office with AXIS, Milesight and Dahua cameras and they all appear to have the same issue and can't be added to 4200, whether you use the automatic search for device method or the manual adding method.

If anyone else has faced this problem but has eventually added a 3rd party camera successfully it would be very useful to us and other IVMS-4200 users if you could add to this thread your steps to adding an ONVIF camera.

Hi Dan,

I have a client with a mix of cameras including Milesight. We used a 7616 NVR to make sure all the third party cameras where compatible with the NVR and had no issues - including Milesight cameras. The site manager has IVMS-4200 installed on his PC and connects directly to the NVR. All cameras are visible. Just to clarify, is your client trying to add 3rd party cameras directly to IVMS-4200 - not going through a Hikvision NVR?

Hi Dan,

I have a client with a mix of cameras including Milesight. We used a 7616 NVR to make sure all the third party cameras where compatible with the NVR and had no issues - including Milesight cameras. The site manager has IVMS-4200 installed on his PC and connects directly to the NVR. All cameras are visible. Just to clarify, is your client trying to add 3rd party cameras directly to IVMS-4200 - not going through a Hikvision NVR?

Yes,

The customer who was having the issue was just managing the cameras on their own using IVMS-4200 and was not working with a Hikvision NVR, The NVR method is the way I think most people would do a mixed system like this which is also why I don't think we have seen this issue all that often before because very few people have more than 3-4 mixed cameras and are not recording them to a Hikvision NVR but still want to connect them to a Hikvision software.

Doubt that can be done and I've seen several other threads that echo that. I've tried adding 3rd party cameras directly to IVMS-4200 without success. It detects them but gives transcoder errors. It's free software after all, makes sense they limit it to their brand. IVMS-5200 apparently supports this feature, never tried myself.

Back