01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is the DS-2CD2746G2-IZS a PTZ Camera or just a Varifocal Model?

dalk

Anyone have any experience with the DS-2CD2746G2-IZS?

I’m trying to find out if it is a proper PTZ camera, as in the entire camera is motorised and you can control it with the app and the camera actually moves.

Or if it’s just a motorised zoom? And you can then digitally pan around the zoomed in image?

I’m getting conflicting information from an installer.

Thanks very much!

Hi @dalk

The 2746G2 is a motorised varifocal camera so it does only support motorised zoom.

Your only pan/tilt function would be digitally as you describe above or to manually tilt/pan the camera during the installation.

If you need a PTZ dome you would need to look at a model like the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE 4MP 25x Network IR PTZ Camera

Any thoughts on this one?

DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)?

I like the look of the one you recommended, but think it may be a slight bit overkill for what I need.

Thanks again!

You've fallen into another confusing Hikvision product, that 3A400BW model is not actually a proper PTZ. It has motorised pan and tilt but no optical zoom, it has a fixed 4mm lens and only gets classified as a PTZ because it has 16x Digital Zoom. (see the camera's datasheet)

We don't recommend using purely digital zoom cameras because all it does is zoom into a fixed image and this just means that the pixels get larger and you make out less detail.

If you like that style and don't need the 25x optical zoom then we would recommend the DS-2DE3A404IW-DE 4MP PTZ with 4x Optical Zoom.

Hi everyone,

I just installed a camera DS-2DE3A400BW-DE and I am also new using hikvisoin cameras and softwares. There is a way to set the camera when it detects motion to start to record and stop recording when the motion is gone?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I just installed a camera DS-2DE3A400BW-DE and I am also new using hikvisoin cameras and softwares. There is a way to set the camera when it detects motion to start to record and stop recording when the motion is gone?

Thank you!
Yes its possible. You have to activate motion detection and maybe dynamic motion detection. And then in recording plan, use only motion recording and not alltime recording!

Yes its possible. You have to activate motion detection and maybe dynamic motion detection. And then in recording plan, use only motion recording and not alltime recording!
I tried that and all i got it`s notification with a pictures that a motion has been detected and when i wanna view the record it says no record :(

Back