01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 NVR supplied with or without a hard drive?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Can any one tell me if these units come with a hard drive or is that an extra I need to budget for? Is every thing else there or do I need to buy anything else for it to be plug and play.
Is this the unit I need for 4 x colorvu 4mp cameras?

Thanks.

Hi @Vauxfan

It depends on who you buy from, some sellers will do packages that include HDDs and others like us at use-IP sell them as the case without the HDDs. The reason we do this is that the required storage is not fixed in stone and if dependent on these key factors:

1) The number of cameras you are recording
2) The recording settings of those cameras (resolution, fps, CODEC, etc...)
3) How long you want to store footage for

So we recommend customers use Western Digital Purple Surveillance HDDs that meet their requirements, and you can calculate the capacity needed for your system using Western Digital's own Storage Calculator.

If you are planning to plug all the cameras directly into the PoE ports on the NVR then yes there is nothing else you need, but if you want to connect any of the cameras remotely over your local network you would need PoE injectors or PoE switch to power those cameras.

If you are planning to use 2nd generation ColorVu cameras (2x47G2) then yes we would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR because the G2 cameras also support the AcuSense software features and if you want to make use of those features or use full AcuSense cameras in the future then the I-series NVRs will support those features.

Fantastic mate thanks. My plan is indeed 4 cameras plugged in to the nvr via the network cables. 4x 4mp colorvu or maybe swap 1 out for the 4k HD camera. If I need it?
Storage only needs to be 1 week as most in the area with cameras alert us if any suspicious behaviour is seen.
My main issue with my set up is clarity at night. It's not good and no colour identification is an issue. A better image than my 1080p would be great.

Reactions: Dan
Back