01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Issues on changing from Hik NVR DS-7608NI K2/8P to DS-7608NI 12/8P

MZ1

Can anyone help

We had a burglary over the weekend and the thieves stole our NVR 7600 DS-7608NI, I had 6 cameras connected with this NVR (DS-2CD385FDW-1).

The Nvr box was ripped out we were left with uncertainty on our password for the cams however we managed to locate the password.

We got the new NVR 7600 DS-7608NI 12/8P, and set up as new password however we are having issues connecting all cameras.

When we connected all 6 camera’s back with the original password it only picked up 3 cameras out of the 6 despite trying in different ports nothing worked, the 3 which was showing had bad images displaying don’t know why.

The other three eventually had to be taken down and we had to do a full reset on the cam, however we are struggling to pick up all cameras on the NVR or on the SADP tool.

Now it’s only picking up 2 or the three which were working and I am not sure where we going wrong

Can anyone advise or are we missing any setup steps.

Hi @MZ1

Sorry to hear you have been burgled.

Can you confirm how your cameras are connected to the NVR? Directly to the NVR ports, to a PoE switch, or a mix of both?

Are all 6 of your cameras 2385FWD models?

Hi @MZ1

Sorry to hear you have been burgled.

Can you confirm how your cameras are connected to the NVR? Directly to the NVR ports, to a PoE switch, or a mix of both?

Are all 6 of your cameras 2385FWD models?
Thanks for your response

yes all 6 are 2385FWD & connected directly to the NVR .

every time I rebooted to NVR it also went through setting up screen and asked for the password.

Ok, so that will be why you are not seeing the cameras in SADP, directly connected cameras use the NVR subnet IP range (192.168.254.xxx) which is not visible from your local network.

I think because of the complexity of your situation and the strange issues you are seeing you would be best off hard resetting all of the cameras and then reconnecting them to the NVR one at a time.

Make sure you are hard resetting the cameras correctly by following the below instructions:

1) Disconnect the camera from the PoE port
2) Open the cameras MicroSD card cover and hold down the reset button
3) whilst still holding the reset button reconnect the camera to the PoE port
4) Continue to hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds

The cameras should then be reset to inactive and should be activated by the NVR using the activation password you set during the setup fo the NVR.

Did you set an activation password during setup? If you did was it strong? A strong password must contain 3 of the 4 following characters - uppercase, lowercase, numbers, special characters - it is important to set a strong password because Hikvision has introduced security features which mean cameras cannot be activated with a weak password.

If you are using a direct monitor the wizard steps will display every time you reboot and you can just skip through these if you have already set the NVR up, alternatively, you can go to the System menu and disable 'Enable Wizard' so that you no longer see the wizard at startup.

Thanks for your response

yes all 6 are 2385FWD & connected directly to the NVR .
Ok, so that will be why you are not seeing the cameras in SADP, directly connected cameras use the NVR subnet IP range (192.168.254.xxx) which is not visible from your local network.

I think because of the complexity of your situation and the strange issues you are seeing you would be best off hard resetting all of the cameras and then reconnecting them to the NVR one at a time.

Make sure you are hard resetting the cameras correctly by following the below instructions:

1) Disconnect the camera from the PoE port
2) Open the cameras MicroSD card cover and hold down the reset button
3) whilst still holding the reset button reconnect the camera to the PoE port
4) Continue to hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds

The cameras should then be reset to inactive and should be activated by the NVR using the activation password you set during the setup fo the NVR.

Did you set an activation password during setup? If you did was it strong? A strong password must contain 3 of the 4 following characters - uppercase, lowercase, numbers, special characters - it is important to set a strong password because Hikvision has introduced security features which mean cameras cannot be activated with a weak password.

If you are using a direct monitor the wizard steps will display every time you reboot and you can just skip through these if you have already set the NVR up, alternatively, you can go to the System menu and disable 'Enable Wizard' so that you no longer see the wizard at startup.
Thank you for you advanced input much appreciated yes we did put in a weak password the have been wired reset on the password the other three are in difficult location but trying to get someone out to do .

in terms of poor quality pictures could it be because the cama are connected directly onto wall without back box and the pressure on the cat6 wire .
You said cams should be set to inactive do do you mean this be wired reset ?

How long have your cameras been installed directly onto the wall? It is unlikely that this would be the issue but if they have been like that for a while there could be damage to the cable and/or water in the cameras RJ45 connection which could cause a signal problem.

Can you share a screenshot of the image quality you are getting from the camera and a photo of one of the cameras mounted directly to the wall so we can assess the install?

they have been on property for 2 years max

night time pic are the worse

Last edited:
Ok, the screenshots are visible to the public.

Can you send a screenshot of your video stream settings? (find them at Configuration > Video & Audio > Video > and select one of the cameras that is giving the poor images)

Ok, the screenshots are visible to the public.

Can you send a screenshot of your video stream settings? (find them at Configuration > Video & Audio > Video > and select one of the cameras that is giving the poor images)
Hi I am struggling to get to the configuration settings, from from the NVR - or am i looking at the wrong location

If you are on direct monitor the video stream settings will be under Camera > Video Parameters

I can only get on one camera at the moment the three we took down and other 2 on the wall is no picking up as you said it needs full reset

until last night we could see 2 cameras now its only showing one of them

ok, I would recommend switching the camera to H.265+ if you are not using Smart Events, if you are using smart events I would reduce the frame rate to around 15fps and increase the bitrate to 8192Kbps to make sure the camera is not hitting the current limit because if it is set too low the camera's resolution can be reduced to keep below that max. bitrate.

Adjust these settings and then monitor the image tonight to see if there is any improvement.

It could potentially be faulty cameras if they were not installed properly, I could see from your earlier photo that the camera had no backbox and you were running the cable externally which means water can get behind the camera reach the cameras RJ45 connection. (and even if the connection is taped-up it can suffer moisture damage if exposed for long enough)

Also, if the system was installed for you several years ago and the cameras are directly connected there is a good chance your cameras are running very old firmware which may be causing connection problems.

the whole system was installed about 2 years ago with cat6
I see your point we are thinking all cams have back box

The one that was working outside, picture does seem lot better, after the changes you suggested (thanks) however I cannot check on the other 2 cams that are outside as these will not connect despite putting in the old password. (still need to hard reset).

I reset the nvr as was having problems, initially I was trying to reset the cam via SADP tool to change cams to inactive/active however I ended up resetting the nvr.

I removed all the cams from the nvr including the one that was working,

I then connected the one’s (3 cams) we took down, we managed to connect directly on the NVR however after hard resetting each one, they all came on one by one and then they off stating ‘user is lock’ on the nvr - every time I reset the cams they again appear and same msg ‘user is lock’.

The other problem I came across was when I disconnected the 3 cams from the nvr, and reconnected the one that has been working (outside) the cam would not connect despite putting the password in, however when I connected to the port it was working on yesterday it seems to work fine, and that’s the only port it connects to. Does the cam lock onto a specific port on the NVR?

I don’t know if the nvr is faulty

As am struggling to connect the ones we took down, despite changing to a stronger password on the nvr.

And how do I setup a password for each cam id it from nvr or via SADP tool.

I also have a question because these cams were rip out out from live system could this have short-circuited or corrupted the cams?, its been on my mind for some time.

Back