01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Issues on changing from Hik NVR DS-7608NI K2/8P to DS-7608NI 12/8P

Hi @MZ1

It is unlikely the cameras would have suffered a fault from being disconnected, even if that was by force.

You say you are running SADP, is this on a laptop/PC connected directly to the NVR ports or a laptop/PC on the local network? (e.g. connected directly to your router or a switch connected to your router)

Do you have a separate PoE Injector or PoE switch to connect the cameras too?

Hi @MZ1

It is unlikely the cameras would have suffered a fault from being disconnected, even if that was by force.

You say you are running SADP, is this on a laptop/PC connected directly to the NVR ports or a laptop/PC on the local network? (e.g. connected directly to your router or a switch connected to your router)

Do you have a separate PoE Injector or PoE switch to connect the cameras too?
SADP via laptop from the same room as NVR, connected via wifi.

I don’t have a separate PoE

This doesn't make sense, you said earlier you could see some of the cameras in SADP but if all the cameras are directly connected to the NVR and you are connected to your local network via WiFi it should only be the NVR that is visible in SADP.

I think as your system is looking so confused (some devices reset and others not, devices possibly using different passwords, cameras running old firmware, etc...) you should get all the cameras down off the wall and connect them to a separate PoE switch/Injector so that you can reset each camera and see them all in SADP and then log in to each camera and update the camera firmware. Once you have done this you can reset the cameras again and try connecting them directly to the NVR on short patch cables to see if they will be activated by the NVRs strong activation password.

Also with all the cameras down you can check if there is any damage the cameras pigtail leads and/or corrosion to the cameras RJ45 connection, and when using the short patch leads you can verify if it is the cable runs to the cameras that are causing the problem.

With the addition of a PoE switch, it would also be a good idea to connect your laptop to the network with a hard-wired connection because we have seen issues in the past when accessing systems over WiFi as your WiFi range is not exactly the same as your local network range.

This doesn't make sense, you said earlier you could see some of the cameras in SADP but if all the cameras are directly connected to the NVR and you are connected to your local network via WiFi it should only be the NVR that is visible in SADP.

I think as your system is looking so confused (some devices reset and others not, devices possibly using different passwords, cameras running old firmware, etc...) you should get all the cameras down off the wall and connect them to a separate PoE switch/Injector so that you can reset each camera and see them all in SADP and then log in to each camera and update the camera firmware. Once you have done this you can reset the cameras again and try connecting them directly to the NVR on short patch cables to see if they will be activated by the NVRs strong activation password.

Also with all the cameras down you can check if there is any damage the cameras pigtail leads and/or corrosion to the cameras RJ45 connection, and when using the short patch leads you can verify if it is the cable runs to the cameras that are causing the problem.

With the addition of a PoE switch, it would also be a good idea to connect your laptop to the network with a hard-wired connection because we have seen issues in the past when accessing systems over WiFi as your WiFi range is not exactly the same as your local network range.
Hi

We took the NVR box back to where we got it from including the three cams (that was down) the tech team said it due to conflict with passwords and they had to tweak box they didn’t go into details. The 3 are working .

They said to leave it on plug & play as it was on manual on NVR.

We also brought the 6 back boxes .

Last night we managed to get someone out to get the cams down and we also manages to hard reset the final three cams.

As suggested checked with short cable seem to be fine .

Only one had slight damage to wire (r45) to cam, we not sealed the cable.

All have been picked up now; and they back up and running .

All new back boxes for cams have been fitted on the wall.

I didn’t want to mess around with setting last night.
As it was dark the pics are poor quality at the moment and may need to change the setting to what you suggested.

How do I go about naming each cams on NVR?

And in terms of notification does this work after I select zone & set it.

Previously the SADP showed 1 cam only (as others would not pick up) on NVR.
On SADP same 1 cam only, but others were greyed out .

Am I correct to say as we now got new password on the NVR the cams will be set to this password for all cams ? Without manually setting for each one.

We now need to get notifications sorted.

The hard part is each time we have to connect, have to go in loft to view on Tv etc to change settings. Lot of moving around.

We do have a hdmi going downstairs but to use the mouse have to control it near the loft to change settings in NVR.

Not very familiar with how NVR & SADP so being very mindful of changing settings at moment.

Hi @MZ1

Good to hear you have got most of the system working, I thought it would likely have something to do with mismatching passwords.

Answers to your questions are below:

Changing camera names --- If you go into the image/Display menu on the NVR you will see the OSD settings as well as a camera name box for each camera which not only changes the name displayed on the live stream but also the name displayed in the device list.

Event notifications --- for event notifications you need to not only set the event detection area but also the activation schedule and the linkage method to confirm where the notification should be sent. This part of our Hikvision megathread should explain how to set up the notifications

Camera Passwords --- If the cameras were hard reset, reconnected directly to the NVR, and are now visible then they will have been activated with the NVRs password.

Back