01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry It seems that I installed the wrong firmware on my DS-KV8113-WME1

Luckybargee

Hi

I downloaded and installed v. 2.2.45 on my KV8113-WME1 using IVMS-4200. The install process went without errros. Later I noticed that my device donesn't have (B) in the name on the back panel's label. It turned out that I've got an old revision (A). The device, however, seems to operate flawlessly with one exception - the green (access granted) indicator is always on. This is not a big deal for me.

My question is what presumable issues may occur with such the device configuration. I'm testing it for a few days now and do not see any problems.

Thank you

The version B so presumably B software (cant believe its working on yours) works differently, you need to loop out the door contacts so it thinks the door is closed, then the green light will go off, where as on the non B you do not have to do this.

Upvote 0
@fin
Thank you for your advice, mate. I will definitely try it out.
My other concern is that I might have installed the wrong version. I do not have (B) in the name:

1632413372165.png

But it works! I'm not sure what to expect next. Security issues? Stability glitches? Perhaps the device will freeze at some point? Any insights would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Back