01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I've deleted my HDD on my Hikvision 7204 k1 DVR and need to know how to add it again?

Honda19

Hi everyone, I've deleted my hdd on my hikvision 7204 k1 Dvr and need to know how to add it again as there is no hdd to initialise now

I'm not familiar with that model.
Can you login from a browser and check Config -> Storage?
If so, does the HDD show there?

Open an internet browser (preferably Internet Explorer) on a PC on the same network on the NVR, fill out the NVR's IP address in the address bar to access it and log in with the username (usually 'admin') and password that you set.
Click Configuration at the top of the page, and then Storage from the left-hand column.

Have you tried just powering it down and repowering it? I've not tried before, but I'd have thought that when it boots up it'll see the disk again. At that point go into the storage menu on the monitor/TV select the drive and click initialise.

Hi, yes, this is how exactly I sorted it, powered down with switch on the back, then menu, hdd, add and initialised

Hi so sorted out my hdd problem, now my recordings won't playback, any advice

Hi so sorted out my hdd problem, now my recordings won't playback, any advice

When you re added and initialised (formatted) the drive, it deleted the recordings so you’ve lost access to that history now. If you have your recording schedule set to 24/7 it will have started to record again and you’ll see a blue indicator on the calendar In playback, to show days with footage present. You can see that the cameras are recording if there’s a red clapperboard icon in the top right corner of each camera image

Yeh there is the red clapperboard present so it is recording but they wont play back for some reason

Yeh there is the red clapperboard present so it is recording but they wont play back for some reason

So if you go into playback screen, select a camera, double click on today’s date in the calendar, click play, you should see a solid blue timeline at the bottom and be able to navigate the recording with that. If not - what is it doing? Or are you trying to playback using a web browser and seeing “playback failed” message - in which case it’ll be a browser/browser plugin issue

My hdd status has changed from normal to exception, it keeps changing on its own accord

The first thing is to check it’s recording and you can play back on the TV/monitor. As you’ve already deleted, added, initialised the disk - if it’s not showing normal, it’s probably knackered. How old is the disk, what model is it? You can go to maintenance in the menu and it will give the age, power cycle count etc. I have had disks fail in under two years that were the approved Seagate Surveillance or Western Digital Purple models.

It's seagate and was only installed January 2019

Should be covered by warranty then, try taking it up with supplier. As I said they can fail at any time. I’ve had systems where I get spurious exceptions for 4 years before they’ve failed totally and I’ve had them fail without any warning within 2.

I've taken the top off the dvr and disconnected the hdd from the circuit board and then reconnected, it works for about 30 mins and then it stops again.

Back