01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 compatibility

peter

I've got a couple of Hikvision cameras and an Avtech. All have worked really well and I've been using them with Security Spy on a laptop which is Mac specific software. I'm moving to a Hikvision NVR tomorrow so I've been experimenting with iVMS-4200 CCTV software which is awesome. BUT it will not see my Avtech camera. All three cameras work fine from Security Spy, and remotely via browsers etc so LAN and WAN details are all correctly configured. Does anyone know if iVMS is limited in it's compatibility ?

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

iVMS 4200 only supports adding Hikvision cameras I'm afraid, likely as a result of it being free software, and doesn't support adding cameras via ONVIF on their own.

However, if your Avtech cameras support ONVIF and you're able to add them to your Hikvision NVR, you can then add the NVR itself to iVMS 4200 and it will pick up the attached Avtech cameras.

Sorry to hijack your thread Peter, but i too have iVMS-4200, but i also have a hikvision NVR with 4 Hikvision cameras. I cannot get the blasted thing to connect, i always get connection failure on the app.
I'm running an iphone6S, the NVR is DDNS enabled using the Hikvisions HiDDNS and online it says it can see the NVR. I input these details into iVMS and it doesn't want to know. All relevant ports are forwarded on the router....so i can't see why it wouldn't work.
Can anyone help ?

Just to clarify, iVMS 4200 is Hikvision's desktop VMS, and iVMS 4500 is the app for iOS and Android mobile devices.

Are you able to add your NVR to iVMS 4500 when on your LAN by entering the NVR's LAN IP rather than using HiDDNS? Should point towards where the problem might lie.

Have you changed the NVR's Server Port? Default is 8000.

If possible, uploading a screenshot of your NVRs network configuration page and also a screenshot of your device adding settings in iVMS 4500 would be helpful

Back