01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Mac vs Windows disconnect

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Yesterday, following instructions from Hikvision, I reset one of my devices (DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom door station) to default following a firmware upgrade and reactivated it with its new IP address. It now shows up as 'online' in iVMS-4200 both in MacOs and in Windows (running in emulation on my Mac). It also functions perfectly via my video intercom indoor stations.

But whereas the live feed plays willingly on my Mac, it refuses to play on Windows (where my other cameras all play nicely. It wouldn't matter much if my gate opener and intercom tools worked on the Mac but like much else Hikvision, they don't. I have to switch to Windows in order to see and use the commands.

I have tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling/reactivating and I have minutely compared settings/config across both platforms. The device is identically configured on both. So do I have any other options?

It doesn't help that SADP Tool running on MacOs or in Windows emulation has always been incapable of seeing the video intercom devices. Nor does it help that the video intercom devices are not accessible via a web browser. But I shouldn't need any tools since the device is activated, added and online in iVMS-4200.

I found the workaround. By importing the KD8003 into a new Group, it condescended to show up in Live View. It's presumably a bug or they wouldn't offer the option to add a device without creating a group for it.

Back