IVMS 4200 no live view but Hikvision app works fine

The Blobby

HI All

new here so hop you can help.

Got my hands on a new Hikvision setup
DS 7604Ni K1 4P
2 x DS 2CD2555FWD-IS
2 x DS 2CD2185FWD I

I have installed these and they are very good quality and were easy to fit. i have had some issues though and i will address this one first before i ask advice on the other problem.
I have the installed hikvision app and that works great I can view the four cameras on there or do so individually and i can also review recorded footage which has already proved interesting.

i haver also installed ivms 4200 and i can see the NVR and i can adjust all the settings from here i cannot however see an cameras in live view. i also logged into the ip address through safari and the same there no live view. I have looked through some of the posts on here and foloowed them through but have not been able to get it working. I have re installed this 3 times but still no luck.
Any ideas?

Hi Phil

been through the lot and re downloaded and installed. still no luck with it. the app works fine but its not giving me any live view in IVMS. should i try to connect on IVMS via hik connect?

should i try to connect on IVMS via hik connect?
I don't really understand this question?
Is the Mac that you are running Safari / iVMS on at the same site / same network as the NVR?
Can you see live video in Safari?
What version of Apple's OS are you running please?

Hi Phil

yes safari and ivms are both on the same network,, i am running high siera v10.13.5.

when adding a connection in ivms you can choose to use HIk Connect instead of using your IP/Domain. i have tried adding this today but cant get it to work.

when i attempt to view i get the message live view failed.

thought i would add a screenshot of IVMS and the camera staus showing thats working and connected but no images are being shown

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 20.17.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 20.17.23.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,146
When you have one of the quadrants selected (highlighted in yellow), what happens if you double-click on a camera in the list at the left?

Sadly nothing happens, it says at the bottom that the camera is connected, it seems that i have full access to the nvr as i can change settings etc from here but still no view. i wonder if this is just some setting within the mac. incidently i downloaded and installed ivms
4500 onto the ipad works fine and the app on my phone is android both work fine including playback.

Back