01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 problems with Hikvision video intercom

jlikonen

Hi, I have just received my Hikvision IP video intercom system with following units:
-DS-KD-ACW3 Hikvision DS-KD-ACW3 Wall mounting accessory for modular door station
-DS-KD-KP Hikvision DS-KD-KP Keypad Module
-DS-KD-M Hikvision DS-KD-M Card Reader Module 13.56 MHz
-DS-KD8003-IME1 Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 Video Intercom Module Door Station
-DS-KH8350-WTE1 Hikvision DS-KH8350-WTE1 indoor IPS monitor 7" Touch Screen, WiFi

My problem is that iVMS-4200 (v.3.1.1.13) finds both indoor and outdoor units but for some reason they both are offline. I can connect to www.hik-connect.com and I managed to add the indoor unit DS-KH8350-WTE1. It is online. Also the Hik-connect app on my smart phone is working so I can see the video recorded by the outdoor unit DS-KD8003-IME1.

When installing the submodules I set up the addresses ("1" for the card reader and "2" for the keypad). I have defined username/password for both units. I can click "Edit" button in Operation tab (on iVMS) but when I click "Remote Configuration" button I get a message saying "The device is offline" (see attached sceen copy). Both "Device Status" and "Online User" buttons are inactive. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 867
I installed iVMS on another computer running 24/7. One thing which I noticed when adding new devices was that I get an error message saying wrong username/password. I get this error message after I have clicked "Add" button. Clicking "Add" button opens a new window where you give username/password.

I wonder whether this error is keeping my devices offline. I have no ideas where I can define username/password. I'm getting somewhat frustrated with this Hikvision system. I have quite lot of experience in home automation systems and Hikvision seems to be one of the most difficult one to setup.

I installed iVMS on another computer running 24/7. One thing which I noticed when adding new devices was that I get an error message saying wrong username/password. I get this error message after I have clicked "Add" button. Clicking "Add" button opens a new window where you give username/password.

I wonder whether this error is keeping my devices offline. I have no ideas where I can define username/password. I'm getting somewhat frustrated with this Hikvision system. I have quite lot of experience in home automation systems and Hikvision seems to be one of the most difficult one to setup.

We had a customer when we first started selling the Gen 2.0 intercom who reported a similar issue with it connecting to the app and showing as offline in iVMS-4200, we had Hik tech support login to his PC and they couldn't get them to work and reported the items as faulty, I would speak to the supplier/installer you bought from and ask them to contact Hik support to confirm if the items are faulty.

Thanks Dan. In fact I have now managed to solve this offline problem. The reason was that I was using wrong username/password. When using "admin" account I managed to find the correct password for both units. I have to say I'm now really confused about username/password.

My current problem now is that I have been trying to setup "Access Control" in iVMS but under "Advanced Functions" all the options are inactive so I can't e.g. change anything under "Device Parameters". I have managed to setup "Access Group" in iVMS and I can add Templates. I have tried to follow the iVMS manual closely.

My current problem now is that I have been trying to setup "Access Control" in iVMS but under "Advanced Functions" all the options are inactive so I can't e.g. change anything under "Device Parameters". I have managed to setup "Access Group" in iVMS and I can add Templates. I have tried to follow the iVMS manual closely.

I would take a look at this video, It walks you through all the setup & features of the Intercom.

Thanks Dan. I have a look at the Youtube video. I just noticed that my units don't have latest firmware so I updated them.

Last edited:
I have now watched carefully this video and it has solved quite many issues. There is still one thing which I haven't managed to solve. I would like to disable the keypad tone, i.e. when pressing any key on the keypad. I have tried to adjust the sliders on iVMS4200 (see attached file) but this hasn't helped.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 814
Thanks Dan. In fact I have now managed to solve this offline problem. The reason was that I was using wrong username/password. When using "admin" account I managed to find the correct password for both units. I have to say I'm now really confused about username/password.

Hi Jlikonen,
Could you please share in more details your solution to change offline to online status of DS-KD8003? I have similar problem, I activate door station, which is visible in local network, I could ping it, but in fact - it is offline in iVMS.

Hi, HIK intercoms are quite interesting topic. My recomendation is to upgarde FW to latest and restore to factory. And use latest IVMS! I see in first post you said that you are using version 3.1.1. It's too old, IVMS can't recognise all the features in programming.

Yes, that's right, it takes a bit of effort to get it to work, it's a little bit intuitive, unfortunately.
Maybe it's just this model...
I've made it, but I've had moments of hesitation.

Back