01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4200 product discontinuation

Teasy1980

Hi
IVMS-4200
I have seen that there is a product discontinuation notice from Jan 2021.
Is there new software that we should install on Windows 10?
I'm just a home user who wants playback and to record snippets of video sometimes.

Thanks.

Solution
Hi
IVMS-4200
I'm just a home user who wants playback and to record snippets of video sometimes.

Thanks.
I think it's just particular versions of iVMS 4200 and not iVMS 4200 as a whole (at least that's the way I read it)

If you look at the screenshot "iVMS 4200 VS client" is being discontinued and you need to use "iVMS 4200 client" (recommended product). You only need to do anything if you currently have the VS version - download the latest non VS version from the website:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 07.57.17.png
Hi
IVMS-4200

Thanks.
I think it's just particular versions of iVMS 4200 and not iVMS 4200 as a whole (at least that's the way I read it)

If you look at the screenshot "iVMS 4200 VS client" is being discontinued and you need to use "iVMS 4200 client" (recommended product). You only need to do anything if you currently have the VS version - download the latest non VS version from the website:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 07.57.17.png

Upvote 1
Solution
The problem is that they seems to have discontinued HiDDNS server. Which is what e use. The new iVMS is using Hik-Connect.

Upvote 0
The problem is that they seems to have discontinued HiDDNS server. Which is what e use. The new iVMS is using Hik-Connect.
HiDDNS was discontinued several years ago. The OP was referring to discontinuation of iVMS-4200 software (not to be confused with the iVMS-4500 phone app)

Upvote 0
The VS version is the cut down 4200 so not a big issue. On my old PC I found the full version slows things down quite a bit.

Upvote 0
Hi
IVMS-4200

Thanks.
I'm using NVMS7000 client, much better

Upvote 0
I see that Storage Server has been discontinued too. I use this on a PC as NVR storage (running as a service).

Did anyone here happen to download the last version of Storage Server, or know what version it was and where I might be able to find it?

Upvote 0
Back