01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS 4200 Question - Before I do something wrong.

Snaffy

Just installed for the very 1st time the latest Windows iVMS 4200 software, and ran it for the 1st time.

It's saying "Please Create a Super User First"
So that's a username and also password.

Now before I mess something up I thought I'd take the sensible approach for a change and ask first ;)
Is this a completely new and separate username/pass I'm creating for this iVMS Client?
Or should I be entering in here, one of the previous password/usernames I've created for My Camera or HikConnect or the Web Browser log in?

Many thanks.

It's just a new username/password combination you'll use to log in to iVMS-4200, it can be whatever you like, nothing to do with your other logins :)

Goes without saying but make sure you don't lose it, otherwise you'll need to reinstall the software and go through the setup of adding everything again, which can be pretty tedious...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a new username/password combination you'll use to log in to iVMS-4200, it can be whatever you like, nothing to do with tour other logins :)

Goes without saying but make sure you don't lose it, otherwise you'll need to reinstall the software and go through the setup of adding everything again, which can be pretty tedious...

Thank you Kyle.
I felt it was better to ask this time and not assume.
My previous first experiences with HikVision were rather harrowing, with passwords and username in different areas, and the same thing being called something else.
Much appreciated.
Oh, wild guess. If/When I was to buy a HikVision NVR and fire it up for the 1st time, Would I be right in thinking that would again be another totally unique username/password for that also?

No worries, you were right to check!

Yes, another unique user/password combination is needed during the setup of the NVR, so more to keep track of I'm afraid! You can obviously use the same combination as you have for iVMS-4200 etc for the sake of keeping things simple to remember though.

Back