01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ivms-4500 3g/4g problem

bonesoul

So I've a DS-8664NI-I8 nvr.

I've correctly port forwared the 80, 554 and 8000 ports from my router.

And from my home connection and I can use ivms-4200 to connect my nvr in my company and it's all working okay.

yet again i can also use ivms-4500 mobile version to connect it -- but only when my phone is connected to a wifi connection. both tried this in ios and android -- same for both. when i try to to connect using a 3g/4g connection, it just doesn't connect.

tried changing my rtsp port to 5555 and port-forwarded it again, home & wifi connections still work but 3g/4g doesn't.

any ideas?

Restricted data usage might be a possibility. Check the Hik-Connect app has access to both WiFi and Mobile data. On Android it's set in Installed Apps>Hik-Connect>Restrict data usage. Same would apply to iVMS-4500.

The most LTE Contracts dont support port forwarding because of private / public ip adress. Its only working over hikconnect and not ivms4200!

And if you have a normal dsl / cable contract, use a ddns (Like NoIP) service because your IP Adress change every 24h, if you dont have a fixed ip adress.

Because in WiFi mode you connect to your local ip adress from the nvr! If you are outside from the wifi, like in 3G/4G you need to insert your IP Adress from the internet contract. But, insert a ddns service like i explained above. Tutorials you find much on youtube.

Last edited:
Back