01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4500 Camera Name?

alexf40

Hi, I've just started using the IVMS-4500 app on iOS but can't work out exactly where it's pulling the camera name from. In case it makes a difference my cameras are connected to a switch and not to the NVR. Any help most appreciated. Thanks

Camera name is set in Display Settings in the camera webpage. Login to the camera webpage and change it to whatever you want. Once you've changed them you'll need to "drag down" the screen in the app to refresh the names or just close the app fully (swipe off screen) and re open it

Thanks for the response. I've been through all the camera UI settings, and all the NVR settings. I've checked device names, camera names, friendly names and nicknames none of them match. Still amazes me how bad the UI and UX is with Hikvision products.

I assume there has to be some sort of syncing issue with the app.

Thanks for the response. I've been through all the camera UI settings, and all the NVR settings. I've checked device names, camera names, friendly names and nicknames none of them match. Still amazes me how bad the UI and UX is with Hikvision products.

I assume there has to be some sort of syncing issue with the app.

The camera name, that is overlaid with the time and date on the video is in camera display settings as I’ve described above. The title that you get in the camera selection list in iVMS-4500 (That the camera name is nestled under) comes from whatever you entered as “Alias” when you entered the details into the app - if you didn’t change it, it will be displaying “New Device 01” To change that - in iVMS:

1-click the menu icon top left and select device you want to change
2-click the edit icon (pencil) in top right
3-amend the Alias to what you want to display
4-click the save (disk) icon in top right

Hi JB, thanks for your help with this, I still can't manage to work this out and get consistent naming. Is there a time delay for syncing?

I've checked the OSD settings, please see attached. Thanks

Attachments

• west.JPG
    west.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_5486.PNG
    IMG_5486.PNG
    176.5 KB · Views: 476
Ahh OK. The names in iMVS 4500 iOS app update once you close fully and re open the app or refresh it. However it looks to me like the names updated in the camera GUI aren't being updated in iVMS 4200 software.

To sort that out:

1. in iVMS 4200 software in the left hand pane click group
  2. on each NVR or camera folder right click on "encoding channel"
  3. click "update camera name"
That will replicate the names from the camera display settings into the iVMS 4200 software.

I don't use the iVMS 4200 software much but the names you enter in the software can be anything you like and won't affect the name in camera display settings. You should probably make changes in this order:

1. Edit camera names as you want them using either the individual camera web GUI or the remote configuration section of iVMS 4200 software
  2. In iVMS 4200 right click "encoding channel" and select "update camera name" as described above
  3. Fully close/reopen iVMS 4500 iOS app or force refresh it
Doing it in that order will ensure everything matches with regard to the camera names. The "alias" for each group will need to be matched manually.

Last edited:
Back