01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4500 connected to nvr but live view gets connection failed error

Cuillich

Hi all, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. The HiLook NVR-104MH-C/4P device is joined to my LAN via cat5 to Sitecom switch then to to Linksys WRT1900 ACS. I have installed the iVMS app and added the NVR as a device but when I click Live Camera I get a connection failed error.

Any thoughts would be brilliant

Any reason for using the iVMS-4500 App instead of Hik-Connect?
We would normally recommend the Hik-Connect App, and if you were using that I would ask you to login at www.hik-connect.com and check that the portal confirms that your NVR is online.
The Hik-Connect App and portal solution does not require any DDNS nor port forwarding setup.

Hi Phil, thanks for this But still no luck. I tried the HikConnect App in the first place and messed up and read online that iVMS-4500 was better anyway so I tried that, another mess up!! I have now tried to follow your suggestion having uninstalled and reinstalled the app and told the app to close the account BUT I keep getting the message that this phone number is attached to another account when I try to register. I then tried to do it manually not by scanning QR code - same result.......Hellllpppppp, please

Can you 'unbind' the NVR from the other account?

Back