01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS 4500 does not appear on play store

dimo

Any one knows what happend?
IVMS 4500 (not HD) disappeared from Google Play Store.
At least in my country.

ivms.JPG

I recall Phil and Dan saying that Hik was turning its attention to the Hik Connect app, which is what I use and is much better than IVMS 4500.

Ok, but on Microsoft and Apple store is still available. There should be a warning or announcement if it was something scheduled.

I'm tentative posting this work-around and trust @Phil @Dan will moderate if needed.

Out of interest which country are you from?
One option would be to use Aptiode. From Wikipedia: 'Aptoide is a software "marketplace" application for installing mobile applications which runs on the Android operating system.'

Aptiode is not available in the play store to install directly to your phone but you can download and run the APK from their site to install it. Aptiode is open-source and has been around for almost a decade but some due-diligence is advised if you decide to go this route.

Once you have downloaded the app, navigate to you phone's file manager>downloads folder and click the APK file (a warning will appear but this happens with any APK you install this route).
1571595433708.png

Once installed, open Aptoide and search for iVMS-4500.
Aptoide sources files from various repositories and this is where you need to be cautious.
Aptoide can't always source the APK's directly from the developers so when you download make sure it's from a 'Trusted' source, indicated with a green shield icon on the app's page.
1571597114391.png

Keep us posted.

Thank you for your reply StewartM.

That is a good alternative. I had IVMS 4500 installed and erased it, during some tests.

Meanwhile I am checking on 4500 HD, but I get a beautiful, "Failed to get push token" message, when I try to turn on notifications.
Hikvision is saying about that:

Error: Failed to get push token.
[Possible reasons]
In the phone’s Notification Center, the app push is not allowed.
[Solutions]
Allow the app to push messages in phone’s notification center.

but it is not working for me.

IVMS 4500 is back on play store.
Version 4.7.6 21/10/2019.

There is a new version on Hikvision App Store Version: 4.7.12 Update at: 2020-07-01 13:49:35,
but not at the playstore, that still has previous 4.7.7 29/10/2019.

Any official info??

Hikvision does not have their apps on google store or app store anymore ( at least not official latest version).

The best site to use for download is their new app store appstore.hikvision.com.

I believe that's beucase of restrictions from US goverment ( they had to move from GOOGLE).

I wonder if this is a global edition or only US edition.
I will try it and I will come back.

Back