01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4500 Lite — Use outside of local lan?

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I’ve got iVMS-4500 4500 Lite working with my (upgraded) DS-2CD2042WD-1 camera on iPhone, but on local lan only 192.168.x.x.
Is there a tutorial on how to make this work outside of local lan?
My Sysnology NAS box has a quickconnect option where I didn’t have to make any changes (fwd’ing) in router.
Does something like this exist?
Thank you.

I use the Hik-connect mobile app for this on my Android. It works well for me. I can't speak for the IOS version.
Enable Platform Access on the camera. Set a verification code.
1537129071279.png

Go to:
1537129273837.png

Register an account.
Click Add
1537129428632.png

Enter the camera serial number and the verification code when asked. Give the camera an alias(description) and a domain if asked. I use a abbreviated description for my domains by the cameras locations. Open the Hik-Connect app on your phone and use the same login details you used to register with their website.
You should see the camera in the list. It will ask for the verification code again to start streaming the camera.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1537129262319.png
    1537129262319.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 207
Figured it out. The camera is presently registered as a device in iVMS-4500 Lite Application. Works locally (192.168.x.x). But same camera can’t be added to Hik-Connect. Every time I try and add it, it says it is in use by another user

Phooey

Last edited:
So. Camera is registered (and working locally) on iVMS-4500 Lite. So I uninstalled HikVision-connect, reinstalled it and logged in as if I was logging in on 4500 lite. Successful login, but it still won’t add (or see) the camera that 4500 lite app does already contain.
And you guessed it—I try and add that same camera again— it says it is already in use by another user!
I’m logged in as same login/password on 4500 Lite, and on hik-connect!!
I’m kind of afraid of uninstalling iVMS-4500 Lite.
And I checked, 4500 Lite doesn’t allow you to share cameras.
I uninstalled hikconnect and await answer, if one is available.

I think I’m hosed! Local connect only?

Last edited:
It finally occurred to me what’s happening:. Hik-Connect is not working because I’ll bet the previous owner registered it, before he decided that he wanted all cameras of same mfg (He had 4 of one type and one HiKvision, so he sold this one to me and bought one more of other mfg).

So I disabled platform access on camera seeing that no access to camera via hik-Connect will (Probably) be forthcoming.

I’m posting here because HiKvision Support won’t talk to me. (Probably because camera has already been registered by previous owner).

IVMS-4500 Lite works because it was added manually with IP & login/Password.
Motion detect, ftp of pics, email, and local pic & video capture works. Unless camera owner can be re-directed to me, I guess I’m out of luck.
Open to other suggestions......

Last edited:
I used v3.54 hik-Connect
Platform Access is turned back on
IP of phone is .240, IP of camera is .163. Same subnet
Logged into hi-Connect without issue
Added device by scanning camera
It reports the camera I’m trying to add, BUT
Where video says UNBIND. On my phone APP it says: CANCEL and tapping no place on the screen will not do anything else.

Tried putting in serial number in place of scanning..... Same results!

I don’t get UNBIND anywhere

????

Let’s see if U.K. Support is any more forgiving than US support

Also. I just confirmed that hik-connect does connect to cam successfully in local: IP/login/passwd mode.

Last edited:
Let’s see if U.K. Support is any more forgiving than US support

Also. I just confirmed that hik-connect does connect to cam successfully in local: IP/login/passwd mode.

Hi Jan, I'll ask Hikvision when I'm next at their office if there is a way to boot the previous owner. The following may be a solution, please try this and report back. I removed my camera from the Hik-connect website and had success this route.
Remove Hik-Connect app from your phone. Install the EZVIZ app. EZVIZ is a home or 'consumer friendly' division of Hikvision.
Disconnect your phone from your LAN, mobile data only. If you don't it will find the camera on the local LAN and might not work remotely.
Make sure your Platform Access is still enabled:
1537282885508.png

Open the EZVIZ app on your phone. It will ask permission for your location/access to phone ect. Set your location. Sign in with email and password (it didn't even ask me to register). Press Add Device and scan the QR code on the underside of the camera. Enter the verification code you set on the platform access page on the camera and add the camera.This actually worked for me, it didn't go via the Hik-Connect site. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for trying. I printed out your instructions before continuing, and followed steps correctly. It Did find the camera, but responded:
“The device has already been added to another account. Please delete it from previous account before continuing.”

( I have contacted seller. But have not heard from him yet.)

Also U.K. Support did reply to my email. They Said camera serial number was outside their “Range” (UK & Ireland) and suggested I contact seller (Yes, I was up front with them saying it was an EBay purchase, and that US Support would not talk to me.

Is there a way to send private mail in this site?? I’ll send you model, serial, and firmware info. Or is it safe enough to post it?
Jan

I’ve sent the following to US Support folks——In the past they have not helped.
Serial number altered for this post:

One item needs to be fixed, if you will help me.
I have the above model number serial xmxmxm.
YES, I bought it on EBay.
No, I did not know of your company policy prior to the purchase.
No I didn’t know who is, and who isn’t an “Authorized seller”.
Yes, I encountered the stuck reset button issue, but I fixed it myself!!
Yes, I encountered the firmware vulnerability, but I upgraded the firmware.
Yes, I encountered some odd configuration settings, but I worked through it and everything is set except one item That Is ONLY under your control.
Apparently my serial number was activated prior to sale to me.
I now own the physical camera.
If you would kindly release the serial number xmxmcm from the prior owner, and let me activate it, I will then be finished with the camera.
I am retired, and didn’t know about your procedures prior to the sale.
With this camera released, I can then activate it and see it remotely.
I hope you understand that I am not a mass user. I have only one camera (And it does look good!)

I hope you have read this to the end, and understand where I’m coming from.

Followed by my name & address

I don’t know what else to do. ????

Last edited:
And I have a reply from US Support saying they won’t help me!!

It came so fast that it must be automated

Another option (expensive) is to attach the camera to a Hikvision NVR. Register the NVR with Hik-Connect and it should have all attached cameras visible. I'll give it a try on the weekend, I'm keen to see if it's a viable option.

Install Day! Cat6 cable in PVC tubing.
Gonna try and upload a picture of it.
Still no Remote Access. But everything else does seem to work. Time will tell on that! Motion detect pics (7P-7A) go to synology NAS.
Cue the animals!

Stewartm ——- is there a way I can get you the model & serial#?
I do have a pix of the scan image. I just don’t know how to get it to you..... ??
F4579EFB-8479-4040-9F1D-F7487A1742F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I’m continuing to try......
Today I Called HiKvision Support USA on the phone.
909-612-9039 And spoke with Adrianna.
I explained honestly that I was an end user who bought a camera from fellow in New Jersey. gave model & serial number.
Have camera going with one exception that’s out of my control: When I attempt to add the camera software replies it’s registered to another user. I contacted him, but has since forgotten login/password to be able to release it. (True heard this from him late yesterday)
I’m contacting HiKvision to release camera so I can use it..
She listened then said she’ll transfer me to a technician who could help. I patiently listened to music on hold for about 30 minutes until I had to hang up.
I’ll try again tomorrow, with an external battery for the phone.

Called Support again. Spoke with very nice guy:
In States, un-binding is done via email sequence that takes 24-48 hours.
I’ve just started this procedure (And I have a un-bind ticket# !!!!)
Once i’m Through successfully I’ll post procedures.
Hopefully U.K. the same with different email address.

P.S. He told me where camera was bought from serial number. It’s legal!

Hopefully in a day or so I’ll post more.

I’m back in an endless loop!
Even though support over the phone checked the serial number and said it was ok —— the email I sent was rejected!

Back