01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4500 playback speed only available at 1x

rosswill

I have seen other Hik-Connect threads but nothing specific to iVMS on iOS, although they may well be related. I changed my connection to NVR via the iVMS app to use Hik-Connect in order to use the DDNS service as my BT IP address was not a static one. The only downside I have found, over registering a device in the app in this way, and not via the IP/Domain method, is that playback speeds other than 1x appear to be unsupported? Is there a way around this? Have I missed anything? NVR V4.40.010 build 200430 iVMS-4500 v4.7.6 (Build 20191107). Thank you.

Hi @rosswill

We had another Hikvision user report a similar issue with the app, in their case, it was to do with the cameras corridor/rotate mode which wasn't supported. We couldn't figure it out as in our app we could see the rotate setting, it turned out after speaking directly to Hikvision support that certain features and settings are not supported when adding the camera via IP/domain rather than Cloud P2P, so I would assume that the fast forward setting is one of the features not supported by IP/Domain connection.

Thanks for the reply @Dan. For me it's the other way around. When I add the NVR via IP/Domain connection - with a known IP address - it works. When I add via the Hikvision cloud service to fix the non static router IP issue it doesn't work.

I have now noticed notifications are no longer being received with the iVMS-4500 app. I have swapped over to the Hik-Connect mobile app which appears to be working much better all-round. I had no idea moving from Arlo was going to be so complicated!

Back