01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4500 Push Notification Configuration Help Request for LAN/VPN Usage

booma

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the long post, but I'm trying to be as informative/helpful as possible.
I have been trying for a while to set up push notifications on my Hikvision NVR without success.
All NVR management is done via the web interface.

NVR Details:
Model DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P
Firmware Version V4.1.50 build 180227
Encoding Version V5.0 build 180211
Web Version V4.0.1 build 180209
Plugin Version V3.0.6.36
Hard drive: 1x 4TB WD Purple

Camera Details:
model DS-2CD2342WD-I
firmware V5.5.0 build 170725 (V5.5.5 is newer and available on the UK page, but I'm hesitant to upgrade to this since it was not on the Euro page, then it was, then it was taken down again. It makes me wonder if there was some discovered bug/problem why it was taken down)
encoding V7.3 build 170721
web V4.0.1 build 170711
plugin V3.0.6.26
firmware version property B-R-R6-0

The system has 2x non Hikvision cameras on the normal LAN which record continuously.
The system has 2x Hikvision cameras on the NVR camera subnet, directly connected to the POE ports on the NVR. These are also set to record continuously.

The NVR has been configured under "Camera Management" for the Hikvision cameras to:
enable motion detection
24x7 arming schedule
linkage method as notify surveillance centre
trigger record (on the same channel as the related camera)
send email.

Emails are successfully received.

After enabling virtual host on the NVR, I've connected to each Hikvision camera and also set motion detection, arming schedule and linkage method to notify surveillance centre on them.

The NVR is still configured for default ports (http 80, https 443, server 8000) but I have generated a self-signed cert and enabled https for the web page.

IVMS Setup:
I have installed IVMS-4500 on both a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Android 8, as well as a gen1 iPad Air running iOS 11.3.

On both IVMS-4500 installations, I have added my NVR with the LAN address of 192.168.0.x.
I can see live video of all 4 cameras via the NVR, as well as playback videos.
I have gone to the menu on the left, selected Alarm, click "Set Alarm Notification", and enabled the slider on the page which follows for this NVR.
I have gone to the menu on the left, selected Devices, tapped my NVR, tapped the 3 dots beside start live view, tapped remote configuration, then gone into each of the listed cameras, and enabled the slider for each alert.

After all this, I still get no alarms showing up on either the iPad or the Note.

NVR Troubleshooting:

Going into the NVR web page, selecting System, Maintenance, log, I can see each time a motion alarm is triggered.
This would imply that the cameras are successfully observing the motion and notifying the NVR.
Weirdly enough, the logs on the camera currently do NOT show when the motion alarm is triggered.
I have disabled all motion detect settings and re-enabled, but the result is the same.
As has been recommended for the G1 cameras (even though mine are R6), I have changed the security method from digest to digest/basic.
No change.

Forwarding of Port 80:
I have read a number of threads which suggest forwarding tcp port 80 and 8000 from the internet.
Would this still be required while at home on the WiFi/internal LAN?
I would rather not forward ports to the internet as I will not be able to lock it down to a single IP and feel this would be far too unsafe to expose, even if I use non-standard ports.
I would also prefer to not use the Hikvision cloud services such as Hik-Connect and EZVIZ.
Does the NVR have to do some sort of phone home procedure in order for push notifications to work on mobile devices?

Remote Access:
For remote access, I use a VPN so I still connect to the LAN IP of 192.168.0.x even when out and about.
This works fine for live viewing as well as playing back footage but of course, I still don't get push notifications.

Sorry again for the length of post but I'm hoping we can understand what is happening and figure out a solution.

Thanks,
Booma

Last edited:
Thanks Phil.
After all that, another reboot of the nvr has now prompted notifications.
Cheers for looking in

Back