01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I can view my Hikvison NVR cameras through the IVMS-4500 app via wifi but not via mobile network?

j1000

Hi all,

Need some help.

I can view my Hikvison NVR cameras through the IVMS-4500 app via wifi but not via mobile network.

It was working fine up until a few weeks ago but now I can only access it via my home wifi.

Can anyone advise please. Is this a problem with the app as a few people have mentioned issues on the google playstore.

Kind regards.

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Thanks for your reply.
I cannot see the Hik-Connect app the the google playstore. Only IVMS-4500.
Have you created an account on the HikConnect website and then logged into that account on the ivms-4500 app?

If you do not have a HikConnect account did you view your cameras remotely via port forwarding on your router?

Thanks for your reply.
I cannot see the Hik-Connect app the the google playstore. Only IVMS-4500.
Nor can I - so I searched for the issue on YouTube, and noticed a comment that Google removed the app from PlayStore due to security vulnerabilities and asking if Hikvision had sorted this out ? Hikvision have pinned a comment to the same video advising that the App can be downloaded from their website. So I can deduce the answer to the question about HIk sorting this out. However the EZVIZ app is available and will accept a NVR 7608 I-series and it's cameras but there is lots of lost functionality, I think it would be fair to say that software is not a HikVision strength, in fact I think it would be fair to say that their software is shockingly bad. The NVR software is just a jumble of functionality all over the shop, it's like something a 13 year old wrote as a time limited school project.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem but here's the weird thing.
Got 2 phones, iPhone and Samsung both on O2. IVMS works with both on WiFi, when both on data neither work. However when I tether one phone to the other IVMS works fine. Only started happening a few months ago. (WiFi access is not on the same site as NVR's and site does have static IP)

Last edited:
For IVMS 4500 you need a persistent IP or a Nameserver like dyndns.org ! Because normal Internet IPs change every 24 hours! When you use WiFi, i think you do a Local Streaming (Lokal Area Network like 192.168.188.10). Thats why WiFi Works! You have to put into your Router (Internet Modem) a DNS Service!

HikConnect can only downloaded actually from the hikvision website, not from the google playstore! HikConnect make a automatically routing and a name server for you and its free!

For IVMS 4500 you need a persistent IP or a Nameserver like dyndns.org ! Because normal Internet IPs change every 24 hours! When you use WiFi, i think you do a Local Streaming (Lokal Area Network like 192.168.188.10). Thats why WiFi Works! You have to put into your Router (Internet Modem) a DNS Service!

HikConnect can only downloaded actually from the hikvision website, not from the google playstore! HikConnect make a automatically routing and a name server for you and its free!
The site does have a static IP and is still the same as it's always been. WiFi access to the stream is from places like my home and work, totally remote from the onsite WiFi.

The site does have a static IP and is still the same as it's always been. WiFi access to the stream is from places like my home and work, totally remote from the onsite WiFi.
So do you have open ports like 80 and 8000 for ivms 4500 in your router?

How looks your device entry in the app? (Like Server/IP, Port)

I have full http access on ports 80 and 90 to remote browse both NVR's onsite, one server port is on 8000 and the other 8005, using IVMS-4200 to monitor site from home and work.

I have full http access on ports 80 and 90 to remote browse both NVR's onsite, one server port is on 8000 and the other 8005, using IVMS-4200 to monitor site from home and work.
So when you open it via browser its working? Do you have an ipv6 only internet connection? (Depends on your provider) Or its ipv4?

For App you need only the 8000 ports (Or that port what you make yourself like 8003), because its not that good to use standard ports!

Do you use only cams or do you have a dvr/nvr? Did you set your cams or dvr/nvr to DHCP? Maybe its changed his local ip and the open ports will no more attach to the new local ip? Static IP is better for open ports!

So when you open it via browser its working? Do you have an ipv6 only internet connection? (Depends on your provider) Or its ipv4?

For App you need only the 8000 ports (Or that port what you make yourself like 8003), because its not that good to use standard ports!

Do you use only cams or do you have a dvr/nvr?
I can remotely browse both NVR's, one on port 80 and one on port 90 (No IPV6). It's only the app I'm having problems with and it's only in the last few months. When I'm offsite and only when my 2 Phones connects via a WiFi signal can I see the cameras. It will not do it on just mobile data but like I previously said, if I tether my phone to the other phone, basically creating a wifi hotspot from one phone. The phone that is connected to the hotspot can now see the cameras. It's as though IVMS-4500 will only work on the phone when it sees that it's connected via WiFi, even if that WiFi hotspot is another phone and that phone cant seen the cameras because it using its own mobile data. It's a weird fault

Yeah port 80 and 90 are for the webinterface of the nvr. Which nvr you have exactly and which firmware you use? Looks like there is a issue on your ivms 4500 configuration (please post a picture from the device entry in the ivms 4500 app) or its a problem with your ivms4500 port (8000 and 8005).

This sounds like it could be the same issue I raised here. I am now convinced the issue I raised is due to O2 here in the UK blocking some network traffic. I have not confirmed this but when I search online for "o2 CCTV block" or "o2 port block" and similar searches I find multiple reports from people experiencing the same thing. No real solutions yet though.

I don't think o2 are necessarily blocking certain ports as the iPhone in our case can connect and see the NVR, it's just it cannot stream video feeds. So I think O2 are blocking certain traffic for whatever reason but not admitting to it.

An android phone with the same apps connecting to the same NVRs in exactly the same way works perfectly - I conclude that the problem has to be with the iPhone (v13 in our case) or the network/SIM.

This sounds like it could be the same issue I raised here. I am now convinced the issue I raised is due to O2 here in the UK blocking some network traffic. I have not confirmed this but when I search online for "o2 CCTV block" or "o2 port block" and similar searches I find multiple reports from people experiencing the same thing. No real solutions yet though.

I don't think o2 are necessarily blocking certain ports as the iPhone in our case can connect and see the NVR, it's just it cannot stream video feeds. So I think O2 are blocking certain traffic for whatever reason but not admitting to it.

An android phone with the same apps connecting to the same NVRs in exactly the same way works perfectly - I conclude that the problem has to be with the iPhone (v13 in our case) or the network/SIM.
I have a Samsung S10 and an iPhone X both on O2, my boss has an iPhone 12 on O2 and I've spoken to my mate tonight who also installs CCTV and he has the same issue with his Huawei on O2. So I would agree with you, O2 seems to be the common theme here. I actually set 2 additional staff members up today on the very same site previously mentioned, I don't know what network they were on but both Phones were able to stream all cameras over mobile data.

Last edited:
In our case we work via a telecom company so I have asked them to ask O2 to remove any and all filters/blocks that may be on by default for the O2 SIM.

For example, I know some networks apply some sort of adult-content filter to their SIMs by default and you have to ask for that to be removed and perhaps prove your age at the same time. So my thought was perhaps if there was some sort of adult filter by default that might (possibly) be the cause if this issue.

But I have not yet been able test to see if this has made any difference to the problem - I will report back here either way when I know.

Also just as an additional bit of information - my (Android) phone is on the GigffGaff network which I believe runs on the O2 network but I do NOT have any problems - my phone/SIM works fine streaming feeds. So that points to the pure O2 SIM/contract being the issue not the O2 network as a whole.

I just tested the user on O2 in question and on a 4G connection I could connect and stream from all of our sites without problem as I would expect.

Before I say it's 100% fixed I wanted the user to do further tests in different locations on various 3G/4G/5G connections BUT it looks like my request to remove any/all filters may have solved this issue.

So I suggest others with the same problem ask O2 to do the same thing - remove any content filter/s that may be on the account (they say wait 24 hours) and then please report back here with success/failure so we can combine info.

Err what to say there's 3 threads on this
1. You can't remote access the system if you added it to Hik-Connect via a local IP address?
2. As mentioned this is an IOS issue causes by adding by QR code, its not a Mobile Carrier issue as mentioned in the other thread. Delete the system from App then add by serial number then you can view cameresa local and remote.

I have a Samsung S10 and an iPhone X both on O2, my boss has an iPhone 12 on O2 and I've spoken to my mate tonight who also installs CCTV and he has the same issue with his Huawei on O2. So I would agree with you, O2 seems to be the common theme here. I actually set 2 additional staff members up today on the very same site previously mentioned, I don't know what network they were on but both Phones were able to stream all cameras over mobile data.
It's how the camera is added to Hik-Connect App which is the root of the problem don't use QR Code

Another update on the issue I originally raised regarding UK mobile provider O2 seemingly blocking some traffic -

Asking O2 to remove any filters actually did not fix the problem. I thought it did but on further testing in different locations we found the problem still existed.

However, I think I have worked around the problem - we were connecting to NVRs using direct IP method to the standard port (8000). On our router I blocked port 8000 and added a port forwarding rule to forward another public port to internal NVR port 8000. Then the iPhone on O2 on 4G connected and streamed successfully (once the port setting in the Hik-Connect app was changed of course).

So it does seem O2 are filtering some ports or traffic.

So I think the workaround to the O2 blocking issue is either - change your NVR port from 8000 to something else. Or if your router supports it, port-forward a different port to your NVR port 8000.

Back