01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS - Licence Plate Retrieval \ Vehicle Retrieval

dturtill

Hi Guys

I have installed IVMS 2.7.0.10 and have seen options for Licence Plate and vehicle Retrieval as well as the Old ANPR Road traffic one. Has anyone used these options and if so how did you get them to work. When I try it says no file found

I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS with the ANPR firmware and this is using a Storage server that is linked to the I VMS also

thanks

Thanks Phil

I used your original Guide to set it up and this is working great. Will have a play around with this part to see if there is anything I can figure out - Just thought it may be useful to be able to search by car Model

I created a Post a couple of days ago to mention that latest release of HikVision's IVMS-4200:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/hikvision-ivms-4200-new-version-v2-7-0-10.1657/

Looking at that, the features you mention were added in the prior release (looking at the Release Notes).
The user manual is attached to that post and does cover those 'retrieval' functions in Chapter 21.

I just had a quick look to see whether it applied only to specific camera models. I spotted this:
Note: The road traffic monitoring device should be added to the software as Encoding Device, refer to Chapter 3.1 Adding Device for detailed configuration. For configuring capture settings, refer to the User Manual of the device

thanks Phill

I have tried a few things no luck but am at the Hikvision training in a few weeks so will ask them then

Can I use a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P with a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS8/P ANPR camera? I'm new to this NVR stuff as I ran DVRs in the past. So do I just plug it in using a PoE cable and match the IP addresses? Also, is it ok to use ebay hikvision cameras with a genuine nvr?

The DS-7608NI and DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS should be fine. ANPR firmware can be country specific. You can just plug it into one of the PoE ports on the back of the NVR or purchase a PoE injector. Is the LPR camera going to be mounted within 100M of the NVR?
IMO, avoid purchasing from eBay. It's hard to tell if the product is a grey market import or legit.

It will be within 200 ft. (70M) of the NVR. I purchased a WD30PURX for the NVR, hope that works good. The NVR has not arrived yet. I do not have any cams as of yet, hope to get some soon.

If you are running UTP cable outside use UV Protected cable. It costs a bit more but really lasts.

Back