01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS query (phone and mac app)

ImRickyTan

Hi all,

Just a query on iVMS both phone and mac app.

1.) Phone app - I use the iVMS as opposed to the phone app as the phone app can quite often struggle for "resources" and lag quite occasionally. The iVMW works perfectly when im at home on wifi but when im not connected to the wifi im getting the connection failed error. Not sure therefore where im going wrong given its working when on wifi?

2.) Mac app - currently when on liveview its showing all the line crossings and detection areas etc. Is there anyway to just see the live and not the line overlays?

TIA as always all!

2.) Mac app - currently when on liveview its showing all the line crossings and detection areas etc. Is there anyway to just see the live and not the line overlays?
Ricky

Just click Tool > System Configuration > Image and uncheck the VCA Rule box. They'll disappear after you restart the stream to the camera.

JB once again a superstar thank you!

In addition to my question one above I've got another question on the Hikconnect app. Previously whenever i got a notification the app would say which camera it was - e.g. "Rear" line crossing, "drive" line crossing etc.

Yesterday it must have lost connection to my NVR as it wouldnt connect so i deleted and re-added it. However even though on the app home page it shows the names of my cameras, whenever i get a notification its lost the name - e.g. it just says "camera 3@DS-7608NI....." any idea how to get it to go back to the actual camera name?

Ok managed to solve that - all i needed to do was rename the cameras on the NVR and then the app started notifying me correctly again, very bizarre! Just need to figure out the IVMS app now.

Ok managed to solve that - all i needed to do was rename the cameras on the NVR and then the app started notifying me correctly again, very bizarre! Just need to figure out the IVMS app now.
I've lost track of what you're using! You mention "Mac app" so I'm guessing iVMS-4500 for Mac. In your opening post you mention that you're using iVMS on phone as well, so iVMS-4200? but then further down you've mentioned the Hik Connect phone app.

Which apps are you using and which is the one you have a problem with? (use the full name as iVMS on it's own could mean PC, Mac or phone).

For notifications to fully function (push direct to the app, thumbnail images etc) it has to be the Hik Connect app with the NVR registered to Hik Connect. iVMS-4500 phone app - the NVR can be added using Hik Connect registration or IP address/third party DDNS. If you want to use iVMS-4500 away from your home using the IP address you'll need to port forward the router and may need two sites in the iVMS-4500 app - Home and Away (using the local address and router address)

For your phone I'd recommend Hik-Connect OR iVMS-4500 - there's no need for both. Use Hik-Connect because I want notifications and I have an empty iVMS-4500 app that I use to temporarily add customers systems while setting up.

Hah apologies if it was confusing and yes i was using all of them!
1.) IVMS for mac - you solved with the "Tool > System Configuration > Image and uncheck the VCA Rule box"
2.) Hikconnect iphone app - i managed to solve by renaming the cameras on my NVR direct on the machine
3.) IVMS for iphone - i hadnt realised about the port forwarding so again really appreciate it JB as i will look into that.

Also thanks for your direct response on the 2346s vs 2386s. I absolutely love my setup and if anything am looking for ways to improve hence why im tempted by the 2386s, but not sure if theres any better night time alternatives but still really impressed and pleased with our setup.

Also thanks for your direct response on the 2346s vs 2386s. I absolutely love my setup and if anything am looking for ways to improve hence why im tempted by the 2386s, but not sure if theres any better night time alternatives but still really impressed and pleased with our setup.
No problem. Don't be put off by the 2386's as in my opinion the night time performance is as good as the 2346's due to the larger sensor. Dan put a post on here a while ago mentioning an issue, where they'd found the bit rate bursting too high when the quality was set to higher or highest, and recommended keeping them at medium.

For night time we all ask a lot of these cameras. They feature a relatively small infra red illuminator and it's not possible for that to evenly illuminate a scene throughout its entire field of view (in the case of the 2.8mm lens models a huge 105 degrees). Where practical add lighting of your own whether it be ambient dusk to dawn lights or PIR activated security lights. That will allow you to set faster shutter speeds so that when it matters and you need clear footage you won't be disappointed by motion blur when viewing stills. It's also possible to use separate infra red lighting for more even illumination. Using those with the cameras IR disabled means no more image issues with reflections from insects or rain.

Back