01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS4500 for Android

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Does anyone know if there is a detailed 'How to' page/video anywhere that shows how to set up iVMS4500 or iVMS4200 on an Android phone.

I thought that I had followed carefully the instructions that I have found but, I always get a 'Connection Failed' message

My cameras are connected directly to my NVR and so I am using that IP address to enter into the configuration of iVMS app.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you

Hi fullboogie, thank you for your input. I cannot find an option to enable either of my two cameras. My NVR seems to be registered on the app OK though.
When I go into the 'device Information' it only shows 'camera No 1' at the bottom of the page, there is no mention of my second camera. Also the number under the heading 'Port' is showing as 8000 whereas under the heading' Hangzhou,China' it is showing as 8800. Is this causing some sort of conflict?
Thanks again for trying to help. Very much appreciated.

What does it say under "My Device?" Is your NVR showing? And if so, when you click the down arrow to the right under your NVR under "My Device", what cameras are listed under the NVR?

On the ' Devices' page I just have two main entries, the first is Hangzhou China and under that it says IP/Domain 192.168.*.** 8800 Camera No. 1

Then there is a second main entry which shows as 192.168.*.** IP/Domain 192.168.*.**. 8000 Camera No 1

Nowhere is there any mention of my second camera.

You mention an NVR in your original post. What is it? Are you cams connected directly to the POE ports? Need more info.

My NVR is a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) and yes, as I mentioned in my original post, both cameras are connected directly to the NVR.

I can try to give you whatever info you need. Thank you for doing your best to help.

Hello again fullboogie, Well I seemed to have cracked the problem. I decided to have a go at setting the app up manually as opposed to letting it set itself up automatically and, it seems to have done the trick.
I'm just hoping that it will work when I am away from home, i.e. not using my own Wi-Fi. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Well folks, my worst fears have been realised. I confirmed in my post of 26/8 (above) that I had cracked it and that all was working well.

When I am at home and am connected to my own Wi-Fi, both iVMS4500 and Hik-Connect both work perfectly but, when I am away from home and am connected to any other Wi-Fi set-up or by using the data allowance from my provider, neither of them work and I just get various error messages such as 'Connection Failed' or 'The device is off-Line' Well I can certainly say that the device is definitely not 'Off-Line'
I have been up in Lincolnshire all week and was really disappointed when I couldn't make a connection.
Has anyone got any further thoughts on this please?

EDIT: I have just gone into Internet Explorer on my pc and logged into Hik-Connect and it is working perfectly. I also have iVMS4200 on my pc and I can get into my system perfectly every time.

Last edited:
Further to my post above. It has been suggested that I may need to make some changes to my router in order to achieve connecting to my system when away from home.

is any techie person able to confirm this for me please? thank you.

It is very likely that you have just not configured Hik-Connect properly.
You need an account at www.hik-connect.com
Add your NVR to that Account.
Install the Hik-Connect App on your mobile phone.
Login to the App with the same credentials that you use for your account at www.hik-connect.com

Yes I do have an account at Hik-Connect and I can log into it quite easily via my desktop computer. When logged in I can see the images of both of my cameras. When I go into the app on my HTC phone, I am not asked to sign-in/log-in it simply goes straight to the live images of my cameras. It's just that when I am away from home I cannot access these images when using whatever Wi-Fi is available nor via the data allowance on my phone. I can also do exactly the same on my Samsung tablet but once again, only when I am at home not when I am away.

The Apps on your phone/tablet will have been set up to access the cameras at an IP address, rather than via Hik-Connect (is my guess).

I have just been into the app on my phone and I notice that there is an item in there called 'Configure DDNS' if I try to do anything with this (not sure if I really need to anyway) I am then taken to a page that shows various items such as Port Mapping Mode and Server Port Number etc, when I try to save these entries I just get a message that says 'No Permission' Is it possible that this is the root of my problem?

I have exactly the same problem can view from home on the ivms4500 app but as soon as I am away from home and try to view I get offline? That's on any WiFi I get offline ? Did you resolve it? If so how?

Hello Jacksprat, yes I did resolve the problem and it is still working perfectly.

I'm an 80 year old wrinkley and sometimes struggle with the intricacies of modern technology but I do try and I usually learn something new most days.

There are some fantastic people on forums like this one and I can tell you that I am extremely grateful to all of them for the help that they offer.

In this instance I was helped enormously by the knowledge and patience provided by member JB1970.

Have a good read through the thread that I started where JB1970 helped and hopefully you too will solve your problem. Be sure to read all of the detail.

Here is the link to the thread. Let us know how you get on.

Consistency of Hik Connect and iVMS4200 | Page 2 | IP CCTV Forum for IP Video, network cameras & CCTV software (use-ip.co.uk)

Back