01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Jerky motion on iphone playback

JD99999

Small but frustrating problem I've been having for a year....

We have our DVR installed in the roofspace and connected by HDMI cable to the bedroom TV - both live viewing and playback work perfectly on the TV.

However, when I view the camera on the Hikvision app on my phone, both live viewing and playback are jerky.

Is this to do with the distance between the DVR (roofspace) and our home router (downstairs) and the fact it is connected via wifi? The installer installed a wifi booster beside the DVR. We have Sky Fibre running at 40-60mb.

Is there anything I can do to improve the viewing quality on my mobile, without running a cable between the DVR and router?

Thanks

Small but frustrating problem I've been having for a year....

We have our DVR installed in the roofspace and connected by HDMI cable to the bedroom TV - both live viewing and playback work perfectly on the TV.

However, when I view the camera on the Hikvision app on my phone, both live viewing and playback are jerky.

Is this to do with the distance between the DVR (roofspace) and our home router (downstairs) and the fact it is connected via wifi? The installer installed a wifi booster beside the DVR. We have Sky Fibre running at 40-60mb.

Is there anything I can do to improve the viewing quality on my mobile, without running a cable between the DVR and router?

Thanks
The wifi link between your router / DVR could be the problem or your smartphone may be struggling to process the incoming video.

1. What is playback like on other wifi devices (laptop / tablet)?
2. if 1 is not ok Try temporarily reducing the video resolution of your cameras and check smartphone playback.

The wifi link between your router / DVR could be the problem or your smartphone may be struggling to process the incoming video.

1. What is playback like on other wifi devices (laptop / tablet)?
2. if 1 is not ok Try temporarily reducing the video resolution of your cameras and check smartphone playback.
Hi David- sorry for delayed reply. Borrowed a laptop and accessed the livefeed via the house wifi. Live playback and historic playback are all working perfectly.

Assume this means the problem is with the Hik Connect app on my phone- I have an Iphone 11 pro and thought it would be more than capable of showing smooth playback.

Hi David- sorry for delayed reply. Borrowed a laptop and accessed the livefeed via the house wifi. Live playback and historic playback are all working perfectly.

Assume this means the problem is with the Hik Connect app on my phone- I have an Iphone 11 pro and thought it would be more than capable of showing smooth playback.
My IPhone8, on local playback, is fine using IVMS-4500HD, I wonder if the Hikconnect App is playing back via UK/EU servers or on your local network? I don't use the Hikconnect App.

My IPhone8, on local playback, is fine using IVMS-4500HD, I wonder if the Hikconnect App is playing back via UK/EU servers or on your local network? I don't use the Hikconnect App.
Wow- didn’t realise there was another app!! Just downloaded IVMS-4500 lite and set it up. All cameras are working a lot smoother- really appreciate the advice!!! Software seems to offer the same as HIK Connect

Wow- didn’t realise there was another app!! Just downloaded IVMS-4500 lite and set it up. All cameras are working a lot smoother- really appreciate the advice!!! Software seems to offer the same as HIK Connect
I gave up on ezviz hikconnect etc, tried iVMS-4500 and stayed with it.

Back