01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

K-Series NVR+Cameras not accessbile after network outages?

pdampier

I have a K-Series NVR and cameras (G1s) running the 4.x series firmware. If the internet connection goes down (i.e. just test by pulling the cable for a few mins) when the network comes back up the NVR and its cameras are no longer available to view in hikvision. Any ideas?

Are the cameras connected directly to the NVR or are you using a PoE switch?
How is your NVR connected to the router?
Can you download the SADP tool and send a screenshot of the home page and each of the camera's settings (by ticking the box for the device in the list) please?

Connected directly to the NVR.... NVR is connected to a switch that connects to the router. All other devices recover if the network goes down (i.e. say Virgin Media has an outage) - Echos, Ring Doorbells, etc all work after it. Just the Hikvision needs a restart to work again.

1584726936243.png

You'll just need to turn DHCP off and assign the NVR a static IP address (i.e. leaving it on 192.168.1.3 should be fine). Leaving DHCP on means that when the network disconnects, the NVR is given a different IP upon reconnection thus causing the issue.

It does have a fixed IP. My router is set to always assign that 192.168.1.3 IP address to the NVR. So while the NVR is set to use DHCP it will always be assigned that specific IP by the router.

Can you explain what you mean by "no longer available to view in hikvision"? How are you accessing the NVR? using a browser or using iVMS-4200?

We would still recommend disabling DHCP because after a reboot or a network cycle all sorts of network settings can change and with DHCP disabled none of these settings will change. Once you have it disabled we would also recommend that you change the device's IP address to a completely different IP that is further away from the gateway's IP address, this is just so we can make sure the IP address is not the issue.

Also, can you run a command prompt check and send us a screenshot of your local network details as shown in this forum post.

I use hi-connect on iOS to connect. After a network outage it fails to connect to the NVR/Cameras from the internet. After I reboot the NVR it works fine. I can change the NVR to static and use 192.168.1.3 but that is what DHCP is doing anyway. I think somehow after internet goes down on WAN side the NVR doesn't re-register with hik-connect.

192.168.1.1 is my router, 192.168.1.2 is my main switch, 192.168.1.3 is the NVR - which is always assigned via DHCP but only to that IP.

For all other devices DHCP only assigns addresses over 192.168.1.30 and above so I have no IP conflicts.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : <deleted>
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.3 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.3: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.3: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.3: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.3: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.3:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 7ms, Average = 2ms

ok, I think this is just a limitation of the Hik-Connect solution and so your only option currently will be to reboot if there is a network disruption, this isn't an issue that comes up all that often because the majority of times when the network disconnects it is due to a power cut and obviously the NVR reboots at the same time and you don't usually see any disconnect with Hik-connect, it only when the network drops or disconnects whilst the NVR is powered on that you will see this issue.

If network drops/disconnects are something you encounter a lot on your local network you may be better off setting up port forwarding instead of P2P connection to Hik-connect.

Back