01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

K2 Series NVR support v4 firmware?! (with prove)

Amertat

hi guys,
i want to share with you this Intel which i currently notice and like to know your opinion.
As you know hikvision did not offer a v4 firmware for k2 NVR series officially but i notice something in change log document of new firmware related to G1 series cameras (v5.5.83).
as you see in following attachment related to change log of new firmware v5.5.83 G1 series camera
hikvision state that they test this on some NVRs which on of them was DS-7632NI-K2 with firmware of v4.1.54!!!. that means they had a K2 series with v4 firmware! but officially the last firmware for this NVR series is v3.4.104 (UK Protal) and v3.4.103 (EU Portal)!
I think K and I series have same firmware version and limiting v4 firmware only to I series is just a selling policies and this document can prove that.
btw: before this hikvision Russian portal add v4 firmware for K2 NVRs however it remove after 2 week.
what you think? does anyone test a v4 firmware of 76 I series on 76 K2 NVR? please share us experience.

Attachments

• hikvsion firmware.png
    hikvsion firmware.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
I havent tried yet but think may give it a go this week

have two k2 units so may try one

It's possible and it functions well. I recall an issue with the email settings (SSL not acting as it should) but that might be firmware related. The NVR downgrades to prior firmware too. There may be other concerns that could damage the unit or void the warranty.

Back