jschelfh

Hi,

I have the following setup:

• Controller: DS-KAD706 - 1x
  • Power: DS-KAW60-2N - 1x
  • Indoor Station: DS-KH6320-WTE2 - 2x - V2.1.2build 201209
  • Outdoor station: DS-KD8003-IME2/S - 1x - V2.0.8build 210323
  • Keypad: DS-KD-KP/S - 1x
I have a problem discovering the keypad. Everything works fine, except the keypad is not recognized. The vendor already send a new keypad but the problem remains the same.
  • door station is connected on CH6
  • Cable is connected to the RS485 IN on the keypad, Tried already with the 2 supplied connection cables.
  • DIP switch 1 is set to ON, the rest is set to OFF of DS-KD-KP (tried with DIP switch 2 as well)
  • iVMS software recognizes everything, but the keypad is not listed under submodules of the Door Station.
  • Did not try a firmware update.
Any (troubleshooting) help would be appreciated.

Hi @jschelfh

My experience with setting the modular intercoms up is limited, so somebody may be able to jump in with more specific pointers, but I would recommend making sure you have followed the steps in the 'Three Module Setup' part of this guide closely - particularly where Dan explains the dip switches:

We've found this to be the most extensive video guide on the setup of them too:

It's always worth updating the firmware for any issue too, which should be version 1.0.0_191213:

Thanks for the feedback.
I have to say I watched this video back and forth maybe 3 times already. The problem is that the keypad is not showing up in the iVMS-4200 software. So I also wonder how I can do a firmware update on the keypad ? Maybe I should try a firmware update on the door station ?
The DIP switch is set correctly. When the door station is starting the keypad makes a software-clicking sound when I press the keys, but once the keypad is fully started this stops...
To be clear this is my problem (configuration on door station):
1619945301250.png

here is an screenshot of mine, make sure ds8003 is uptodate with firmware, but also ivms , mine screenshot looks different :

1620123567074.png

I think I will indeed go for a firmware update. Was waiting on hikvision support (more than a week already) to point out which firmware update I should use because I'm a bit confused about the exact firmware file to use. Current build: V2.0.8build 210323
I wonder whether I need to use the Security 1.0 or Security 2.0 path ?
currently using the latest iVMS 3.5.0.7_E

Best to use the 2.0 path, that gives you more keypad codes, and also a length of 4 digits instead of 6, that's why i upgraded

I tried to apply the Security v2 firmware but it doesn't seem to work. Version remains on v2.0.8.
The Upgrade button is greyed-out, trying through use:
1620142883167.png

not sure what to select for type...

Isn't it grayed out because you didn't select the firmware file? You extracted the zip file , right?

I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant the upgrade-button on the main window is greyed-out. I have unzipped it and selected the "digicap.dav" file. I selected "Controller Upgrade File". Strangely I can upgrade the indoor stations just fine, but for the door station I keep getting:

1620148864994.png

starting to believe this door station is somehow broken...

i am running 2.2.3 build 201202 , try that one? its stable for me

edit: nm, i see you tried that one too

I ended up sending everything back. I was unable to do a firmware upgrade on the outdoor station.
The indoor stations I could do a firmware upgrade without a problem. The webshop sended a second outdoor station, but exactly the same problem: keypad doesn't get recognised and firmware update was not possible.
The support of HikVision is non-existent. They deliver a product that is not working and literally don't do any troubleshooting or effort to resolve the problem. This is the worst company I have ever bought a product off, hence sending everything back is the only right option.

Thanks for the people in this thread trying to help me !

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem : I have bought a KIS702 kit (a 2 wire version, DS-KH6320-WTE2 indoor station with DS-KD8003-IME2 door station) and a keypad module (DS-JD-KP).
The door station and the indoor station work properly (it allows me to open a portal)
But when i wanted to try the keypad module, impossible to operate : no reaction!
No submodule appears in the submodule menu of the iVMS.

I have tested different solutions :
- change RS485 cable
- test different DIP switch : at the beginning, only the dip 1 raised then remained with the 2 and 3.
- shortened the cable length 2 wire by testing directly in my garage (next to DS-KAD706 controller)
- I tested different version of iVMS : the last, 3.9.0.4, and other 3.8.0.4 or older 3.5.0.5.

Afterwards, I wanted to upgrade the firmware and I had the same problem as @jschelf : I was able to upgrade the indoor station (2.1.20 -> 2.1.60) but not the door station!
The door station firmware is in 2.0.8 (build 210221) version and when i want to upgrade it, i have a error message "Receiving data from the device failed or other unknow errors".

I tested with different version of firmware : directly with the last, 2.2.56, but also with 2.2.3, first 2.0 protocol.
I have the impression that uploading the firmware file does not work.
Apparently, the 2.0.8 version is the last in 1.0 protocol; but according to Hikvision it should work with a door station use 2.0 protocol.

Is the keyboard backlit when you touch a key?
how can I tell if the keyboard is connected and operate?

Thanks for you help.

I found a solution for the same problem. Tried allmost everything Matnad did. The sub module was not found, thus could not be updated etc. New wires, different dip-switch settings etc.
But the problem was plain simple: the voltage output from the camera main module to the sub module was 6 volt, not the required 12 volt. Because of that, the keypad could not work and was never found.

A service employee of alarmsysteemexpert.nl took the time to test both of my modules. Noticed the low voltage, replaced my camera module for a new one (right version!) and problem solved. As simple as that. Thanks for the great service.

So testing the keypad sub module alone will never solve this problem!

My advice: test the voltage of the power output of the main module!

Hope this helps others.

Rick
Outdoor post: DS-KD8003-IME2

Back