01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lagging on Live View with 4K camera

mtmcgavock

I've just purchased a HikVision DS-2CD2386G2-IU and have an issue with lagging on the live view app on my Synology NAS.

It's a DS216+II with upgraded 8GB memory. The issue is with the camera streaming 4K on Live view, it beings to lag. (On two different machines). Recordings seem fine.

I've got the camera on H265+, 10FPS with an average bitrate of 6000kpbs and max 12000kbps (See Screenshot attached).

I actually thought I had it running fine last night and then this morning it's back to normal.

Is there an issue with my stream settings somewhere?

I'd use a lower stream quality, however the Synology NAS will only pick up 2 of the 3 streams and it'll only let me select a max resolution of 640*480 on the second stream.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-27 09.48.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-27 09.48.49.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 805
Hi @mtmcgavock

Do you see the same live view lag when logged directly into the camera with a browser?

If it does stream ok when logged in directly then it is likely a compatibility issue with the Synology software, I checked Synology's Camera Compatibility list and the new 2386G2 model is not yet fully compatible with their software, this is why you are being limited on the resolution you can use.

The only other thing I would recommend is to check that you are running the latest firmware for the 2386G2, also, if you are not already you could try switching to having the camera connected to the Synology software using ONVIF as this is a universal standard and may improve the stability of the stream.

Hi @mtmcgavock

Do you see the same live view lag when logged directly into the camera with a browser?

If it does stream ok when logged in directly then it is likely a compatibility issue with the Synology software, I checked Synology's Camera Compatibility list and the new 2386G2 model is not yet fully compatible with their software, this is why you are being limited on the resolution you can use.

The only other thing I would recommend is to check that you are running the latest firmware for the 2386G2, also, if you are not already you could try switching to having the camera connected to the Synology software using ONVIF as this is a universal standard and may improve the stability of the stream.
Camera stream is fine when viewing over browser or Hik Connect. Firmware is latest on camera.

I suspected it was something with the Synology NAS, however was thinking it might of been my stream settings. Would switching to a constant BitRate help more than the Variable?

Ideally i'd like to run at 4k@20fps, setting the NAS to record at this and then live viewing at 1080p@10FPS.

I'll try ONVIF and see if that makes a difference.

Back