01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest camera's & locations

Dre

Dear friends...

I have been looking on the CCTV requirements for my property as attached. I am considering 3 cameras and have a few questions -

Looking at the plan I have attached, despite there being some black spots - I think I have the house covered. There is an internal alarm so the key here is to capture intruders on camera whilst also being an external deterrent. - Do you think the setup looks ok? The camera's and direction are indicated by red arrows.

Working from left to right -

Camera one - covers the Garden and the games room. I was previously thinking of the DS2CD2363G0I - But am now thinking maybe using one with Accusense for an audible light and voice deterrent. Is there a dome option available? Also is there a Darkfighter combination with accusense (dome or turret)

Camera two - This will cover the back gate and also the main entrance to the house which is on the side. Again possibly a camera with a light that comes on, not sure if I would need audible warnings on this. This has to be a turret camera and I previously was looking at the same as camera one but is there a better one. I will also be have a Hikvision video doorbell.

Camera three - was looking a dome camera - DS2CD2563G0IS - This will be vertically mounted directly on the wall and will cover the front drive, there is a streetlight outside from. That said is it worth getting a camera with Darkfighter on this?

Essentially all cameras will approximately be 3m up, I wanted to check I have the layout and setup correct as well as checking if there are better camera's without breaking the bank or paying for unnecessary functionality.

All advice gratefully received, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• House plan camera.jpg
    House plan camera.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 273
I'd fiddle with your placements a little.
Mount the camera for the gate near to the rear corner; currently it is a little too close to the gate, and fixing near the other simplifies wiring.
I would suggest 6mm for the gate camera.
4mm for the rear garden camera.
And 2.8mm for the front/drive camera. I'd bring that to the corner of the front of your house, and look across your front door to your drive.
Your cameras will be mounted relatively low, and the distances they need to 'see' are not very long.
Therefore, perhaps something like the Hikvision 2563 flat dome.
Its 10m IR range will ensure that you are not over-saturating with IR (turrets, mini-domes, mini-bullets deliver 30m range IR - too much IR will cause faces to 'white-out').
The flat domes with the -IS suffix include a built-in microphone that you will be able to record with the video - very handy for at least the front door camera.

I'd fiddle with your placements a little.
Mount the camera for the gate near to the rear corner; currently it is a little too close to the gate, and fixing near the other simplifies wiring.
I would suggest 6mm for the gate camera.
4mm for the rear garden camera.
And 2.8mm for the front/drive camera. I'd bring that to the corner of the front of your house, and look across your front door to your drive.
Your cameras will be mounted relatively low, and the distances they need to 'see' are not very long.
Therefore, perhaps something like the Hikvision 2563 flat dome.
Its 10m IR range will ensure that you are not over-saturating with IR (turrets, mini-domes, mini-bullets deliver 30m range IR - too much IR will cause faces to 'white-out').
The flat domes with the -IS suffix include a built-in microphone that you will be able to record with the video - very handy for at least the front door camera.

Thanks Phil,

Not sure I get the flat dome positioning (is it still vertical on the front wall of the house?) also note I was considering a video doorbell for the door as it is a side entrance
Regarding the 4mm for the rear garden can you recommend a accusense with darkfighter model and for the 6mm a darkfighter model?

Sorry Im a novice but want the best solution that I can do now to furtureproof

Hi Phil...sorry to chase any chance of an update. Thanks

Back