01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest firmware for DS-2CD2042WD-1

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
When I get a new used camera, I immediately load ne firmware into it.
All except the last couple cameras have been earlier than V5.5.53 build 180730...
This is the most current firmware I have found in the USA.

Now with that said, the last 2 used cameras I have purchased used, has had a later version firmware than what I have.

I installed V5.5.53 build 180730 anyway because........ I know that works.

I swear to you that I’ve seen 5.5.55 or 56 prior to the downgrade.

You may have more current info than what I see on USA’s site.

What is the most current firmware for the camera mentioned???
And can anyone tell me, if a later version exist how it differs from V5.5.53 build 180730????

And lastly, should I upgrade? And where can I get the firmware??

A real head scratcher!!

Thanks in advance!!

What is the most current firmware for the camera mentioned???
And can anyone tell me, if a later version exist how it differs from V5.5.53 build 180730????

And lastly, should I upgrade? And where can I get the firmware??

The latest version of firmware for the 2042 is v5.5.82

If you follow the above link you can also see the release notes to see what updates come with this firmware, it's an English language firmware so I wouldn't expect any problems updating to this firmware.

Thanks so much! This site does so much for end users!

From release notes of what’s been addressed in this update.....
Since my camera doesn’t have an SD Card, nor does it connect to Hik-Connect, nor do I have an NVR, and in fact is denied from internet by my router, this firmware may not be as needed as prior one was—which fixed the ‘back door’.

Is there any document that shows history of fixes? As I don’t know what was addressed in other versions between V5.5.53 and V5.5.82. ???

If there is something that would be critical you can believe I’m interested, even after denying Internet access via router!

Is there any document that shows history of fixes? As I don’t know what was addressed in other versions between V5.5.53 and V5.5.82. ???

If there is something that would be critical you can believe I’m interested, even after denying Internet access via router!

There were no other firmware versions between v5.5.53 and v5.5.82 - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Oh!! Well then!! That settles that!!! Thanks for the confirmation!!
The only bug I ever found in 5.5.53 is that the default live display does not load correct aspect ratio (16x9), you have to manually select it...
Thanks again....

Back