• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Latest firmware for Hikvision -K (B) NVRs

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #1
Hikvision have just released new firmware for their -K (B) NVRs V3.4.100:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

NB
This firmware is only for recent 7604 -K NVRs with a (B) suffix in their part code.

Sorry, no Release Notes nor further information yet.

tedted22

Hi Phil

Any news on the new 4 firmware for the 7604 K (B) series yet? Still stuck on V3.4.100_build180310

Thank you :)

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #3
Sorry, we still have no idea whether Hikvision will introduce version 4 firmware to their K-series NVRs :(

tedted22

Thank you Phil. I did see these release notes posted on this forum - and it says:

Product list:
I series NVR DS-9600NI-I16, DS-9600NI-I8 DS-7700NI-I4(/P), DS-7600NI-I2(/P) DS-7700NI-I4(B)(/P), DS-7732NI-I4/24P
K series NVR DS-8600NI-K8, DS-7700NI-K4(/P), DS-7600NI-K2(/P)

Not my model, but still some K's becoming supported?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #5
Good spot, I hadn't noticed that.
We will have to test it.

We have received previous reports from customers who have run V4 firmware intended for -I NVRs on their -K NVRs, but have not seen anything official up to now.

tedted22

Good luck!

I have the (B) model of the 7604 - is this new hardware or just a "marketing" update to support H.265+ ? I see there is a 3.4.101 available for the original 7604, but only 3.4.100 for the (B)?

Is there an equivalent -I series firmware for my unit?

Thanks

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #7
I believe that there were physical/component updates to the B models to enable h.265+.

I'm not aware of any firmware that delivers V4 firmware on the 7604. Given what you've pointed-out above it may be in the pipeline / arrive soon.

Hikvision UK sent out their first email newsletter update of 2019 today, there were no significant updates or developments revealed within that:
Hikvision UK & Ireland Newsletter - January 2019

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #9
I'm afraid I just can't recommend firmware from the RU site, for UK and European customers.
It's only just appeared on our radar.
I have no idea where it fits in with Hikvision's Western Region / Chinese Region / US models etc.

If people feed back that they have tried the firmware from that source and that it works for them then that is great, but I cannot recommend that people download and install it (just in case problems arise).

I guess that we can at least take it as an indication that newer firmware will appear soon in our normal approved EU/UK Hikvision portals.

GecHo

i have just took the plunge and installed this and it is just fine so far fingers crossed it stays that way

Allocator

Dumb question here, but...
I have looked on the website and I do not see a clear difference between the -i and -k series. What is the real difference?