Latest firmware for Hikvision -K (B) NVRs

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision have just released new firmware for their -K (B) NVRs V3.4.100:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

NB
This firmware is only for recent 7604 -K NVRs with a (B) suffix in their part code.

Sorry, no Release Notes nor further information yet.

Hi Phil

Any news on the new 4 firmware for the 7604 K (B) series yet? Still stuck on V3.4.100_build180310

Thank you :)

Sorry, we still have no idea whether Hikvision will introduce version 4 firmware to their K-series NVRs :(

Thank you Phil. I did see these release notes posted on this forum - and it says:

Product list:
I series NVR DS-9600NI-I16, DS-9600NI-I8 DS-7700NI-I4(/P), DS-7600NI-I2(/P) DS-7700NI-I4(B)(/P), DS-7732NI-I4/24P
K series NVR DS-8600NI-K8, DS-7700NI-K4(/P), DS-7600NI-K2(/P)

Not my model, but still some K's becoming supported?

Good spot, I hadn't noticed that.
We will have to test it.

We have received previous reports from customers who have run V4 firmware intended for -I NVRs on their -K NVRs, but have not seen anything official up to now.

Good luck!

I have the (B) model of the 7604 - is this new hardware or just a "marketing" update to support H.265+ ? I see there is a 3.4.101 available for the original 7604, but only 3.4.100 for the (B)?

Is there an equivalent -I series firmware for my unit?

Thanks

I believe that there were physical/component updates to the B models to enable h.265+.

I'm not aware of any firmware that delivers V4 firmware on the 7604. Given what you've pointed-out above it may be in the pipeline / arrive soon.

Hikvision UK sent out their first email newsletter update of 2019 today, there were no significant updates or developments revealed within that:
Hikvision UK & Ireland Newsletter - January 2019

I'm afraid I just can't recommend firmware from the RU site, for UK and European customers.
It's only just appeared on our radar.
I have no idea where it fits in with Hikvision's Western Region / Chinese Region / US models etc.

If people feed back that they have tried the firmware from that source and that it works for them then that is great, but I cannot recommend that people download and install it (just in case problems arise).

I guess that we can at least take it as an indication that newer firmware will appear soon in our normal approved EU/UK Hikvision portals.

i have just took the plunge and installed this and it is just fine so far fingers crossed it stays that way

Dumb question here, but...
I have looked on the website and I do not see a clear difference between the -i and -k series. What is the real difference?

Sorry, no updates available (no news has reached us)

Hi All, I created a support case with Hikvision last week in regards to the annoying lack of support for most browsers other than IE11 and I thought I'd share their response. I asked if they're planning on updating the K(B) to support more browsers, and their response was...
The NVR 4.0 firmware is being updated so certain devices can be logged on using any browser.
Unfortunately the 3 series firmwares are not being updated for now.
There is no NVR 4 firmware for your device. You can use Firefox v51.01 provided you turn off auto update as a way round IE.
I then asked if they're likely to update the 3 series firmware in the future, as I was disappointed that a product that's currently on sale lacks this compatibility. They said......
The 3 series firmwares will still be updated when necessary but the browser plugin unfortunately won't be.
I'm crossing my fingers that they might update the K(B) with the 4 series firmware, not sure how likely this is though. We have a few Chromebooks in our household which obviously can't be used for video playback, and I try and avoid IE on my windows laptop. I'd also guess that IE will stop supporting NPAPI in the future, as most other browsers have.

to be honest it seems I maybe wrong that hikvision dont actually give a @@@@@ what the end user thinks

their products are selling still so why invest in upgrading their products unless its a security feature

I have purchased about 30 NVR and maybe over 100 cameras they all work but their crap support site is my biggest issue

trying to find updated files is a minefield

although I do love this site and the help they give to everyone

amcross? Yes its a little bit like a minefield. I use this DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

First you need to know which camera belong to which Firmware Version. You can check the release notes, there are the supported models included. You can use the search bar to find if its included or not. So i have downloaded the most firmwares directly to our company server for faster workflow. Also a USB Stick is ready with all firmwares of dvr/nvr and cameras or door bells. Every month i check for new firmwares, and include them to the stick and nas.

Hey guys, Any update on when DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P will support firmware version 4? Any chance you could ask Hikvision direct? Many thanks

Nope - it has never been officially stated that there is a plan to move the -K NVRs to the version 4 firmware / GUI
(never said they won't either)

I will ask again.

Back