01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest Firmware on my DS-2CV1021-G0-IDW1(D) cameras?

apashi

Where can I find the latest firmware for my DS-2CV1021-G0-IDW1(D) cameras?

As new, the firmware is 5.5.101 build 200408

Attachments

• 20210220_121719.jpg
    20210220_121719.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 451
But mine is newer than this one!!??
How is that possible?

My apologies, this is actually the correct firmware for the (D) version of that camera, which you have:

However, your camera must have been boxed with firmware that isn't up on the portal yet, as it's still newer than all the versions in this folder. So, I would just continue to use the default v5.5.101 firmware already on it :)

Hi @apashi

There will likely not be release notes for these new firmware versions for at least 3-4 weeks. (they may never get release notes)

There is likely not much changing with this firmware as they are primarily to patch the new vulnerability that was announced earlier this week

So we would just recommend you update to these versions straight away to protect your cameras from this vulnerability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
But witch Platform version is my camera?
E4 or E6?
In the photo from early post here, you can see that FIRMWARE VERSION PROPERTY contains refer to E6.

Hi Dan,

Could you guide, I have similar model, and tried 3 above mentioned version to upgrade it brings error: "The type of upgrade file mismatches. "

Thanks,
Hayk

Attachments

• Capture_cam_model.PNG
    Capture_cam_model.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 335
  • Capture_error.PNG
    Capture_error.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 399
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response.
Tried your suggest firmware - the same issue. Any other suggestion?

BTW, in Firmware version Property, I see E6, how it came to be E4 ? from where you get that info ?

Thanks,
Hayk

Hi @haykberd

Can I just make sure you are extracting the digicap.dav firmware file from the downloaded .zip file before loading the firmware into the maintenance page?

Hi Dan,

Yes. sure. I am loading extracted digicap.dav file.

I tried to update firmware with:
- internet explorer
- batch configuration Software
- I put digicap.dav to c:/ root folder.

No success.

I don't know what else to try.

Thanks,
Hayk

Are you sure your model is 2CV1021G0-IDW1 and not 2CV1021G0-IDW1(B) or 2CV1021G0-IDW1(D)?

Are you able to access the label on the camera and/or search for the device using the SADP Tool?

What is confusing is that your specific model is labelled a E4 Platform on our firmware compatibility document (see attached screenshot) and the (B)/(D) versions are labelled E6 Platform, so all I can think is that somehow a non-(B)/(D) model has been loaded with E6 firmware when it should be using E4 firmware and now you can't upgrade to the new E6 firmware or downgrade to E4 firmware due to a strange camera/firmware mismatch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 13.37.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 13.37.39.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 227
Hi Dan,

yes I am able to search and find camera using SADP tool. screenshot attached. (I have 2 cameras the same versions)

1634561172180.png

Thanks,
Hayk

Ok, this is very odd.

Can I just confirm that you have tried all 3 versions of the latest E6 firmware? IPCG, IPCK, and IPCTC? None of these versions work?

Hi Dan,

Looks like we have to give up for upgrading firmware.

my original issue is *sometimes* my camera shows offline, I am using hikconnect android APP. So I thought maybe if upgrade firmware it may help to resolve the issue.

I googled a lot, tried almost all the possible things, not able to resolve it.
note: while hikconnect shows cameras offline, at that time internet connection is stable, and from the web I see hikconnect status showing "online".
for the phone internet, when the issue happens, tried/switched to 3 different internet providers.

So. Don't know how to resolve that issue.
Any suggestion/recommendation highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hayk

Last edited:
Back