01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.8 (G1 Series cameras) - superseded 14th January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 25th February 2020 - Superseded by V5.6.4: Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - version V5.6.4

Hikvision have released a new V5.5.8 firmware version today for their popular G1 Series / EasyIP 3.0 cameras.

This latest firmware version can be downloaded from their European portal here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Hikvision have also provided Release Notes for this new firmware version (attached).

Attachments

• Hikvision G1_IPC_v5.5.80_release_note 5-12-18.pdf
    952.2 KB · Views: 4,472
Last edited by a moderator:
Sub-stream is not working with this firmware. Tested on DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

Hi,

We just tested a 2385 that had been upgraded to the latest firmware and the sub-stream works on both a Mac and PC browser.

- Are you a Mac or PC user?
- Which Browser are you using?
- Are you accessing the camera on its own or via an NVR using virtual host?

I've tested using connected NVR 7608-K2 (latest firmware STD_V3.4.101_180904) and it says camera doesn't support sub-stream.

If logging to camera directly sub-stream works fine.

Last edited:
I've tested using NVR 7604-NI-E1 , and camera says does not support sub-stream. I have ressetet the NVR and all the cameras, but does not help. When I installed older version again i have not any problems with stream types

Last edited:
I've also had substream problems with with the latest camera firmware and 7716NI-I4 NVR. It's seems to be when I set the substream to h265. The only way to stop the error is to log into the ipcameras directly and change the substream back to h264, or reset back to default.

Hi All,
From the number of reports here (and by others, by email to us) there is plainly some issue around sub-streams with this update.
I'm not sure which circumstances cause it i.e. I don't believe that everybody who updates their G1 cameras to V5.5.8 is seeing this (otherwise there would be even more feedback here).

Reports in this thread suggest that if you re-install the one step previous firmware V5.5.61 then all is OK.
Available here - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
We'll take this up with Hikvision Tech Support, and hopefully a resolution will be available soon.
Apologies for the inconvenience and hassle.

I've attached a screenshot of the notes for this release captured from Hikvision's website.

Has anybody experiencing this sub-stream problem with a G1 camera after updating it to V5.5.80 tried resetting the camera to factory defaults please?

Attachments

• Hikvision G1 camera firmware V5.5.8 Notes 1-12-18.pdf
    470.3 KB · Views: 1,527
I have resetted all the cameras and the NVR to factory settings, but mainstream still does not work.Back in V5.5.61all is OK

I have resetted all the cameras and the NVR to factory settings, but mainstream still does not work.Back in V5.5.61all is OK

Thanks for this update and feedback.
Hopefully Hikvision will address this issue soon.
Apologies for the hassle.

I'm getting blurred images on my 3x DS-2CD2385FWD-I & 1x DS-2CD2355FWD-I after upgrading to the latest V5.5.80build 180911 firmware.
All cameras were reset back to factory defaults via web interface and reconfigured with the same settings (all on highest settings, bitrate etc)
Before the upgrade the images were pin sharp and you could actually see individual blades of grass, now its just a mush with no detail.
Night vision has also suffered with ghosting very noticeable on playback.

Im still running a V3.4.98 build 171121 version on my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR (not keen on V4 interface)

Any recommendations as its a wet windy Saturday and I have nothing better to do :)

:: Update ::
Spent 2 hours this wet afternoon resetting all G1 series cameras (for the 2nd time) back to factory settings and reconfigured and all now back to pin sharp images.

Hi
i just want to inform you that i have same issue with sub stream problem
we have two monitoring section in two places one of them use ivms-4200 (remote live view) and other see live view via local stream of 7616ni-k2/16p.
i'll try reset config of camera it fix temporary issue of substrem on ivms-4200 how ever now we got another problem on local side we got main stream problem that one of IPC can't view in main stream (in local live view of NVR). i try rebooting nvr after reboot the its fix but another camera has no main stream!!.
P.S: i check both stream type of camera from web menu its work fine but in ivms or local live view of nvr we got these Stream type problem.
in stock firmware in web of camera there was no HLC menu in image config tab i just upgrade them and now i see HLC menu but now these problem appears!
theres are our spec:
IP camera tested: DS-2025FWD , 2T35FWD, 2625FWD-IZS total 9-IPC
NVR: DS-7616NI-k2/16P FW:3.4.101-180904

We do not see this problem when we test this version of camera firmware.
Are those who do see the problem confident that their cameras are UK models?
From Authorised UK Resellers?
Has anybody with a camera they purchased from us at use-IP Ltd got this problem please?

We do not see this problem when we test this version of camera firmware.
Are those who do see the problem confident that their cameras are UK models?
From Authorised UK Resellers?
Has anybody with a camera they purchased from us at use-IP Ltd got this problem please?
Mine are not from you but definitely from UK authorized seller local to me. I've got 7xDS-2CD2385FWD-I.. I'm not using h265 for substream at the moment due to problems

Update:
i downgrade all G1 platform cameras to FW V5.5.61 sub stream problem solved! i think problem was on FW version (v5.5.8)
so i recommend to downgrade one version before this to fix sub-stream issue.
btw i have 1 camera from R6 series (2442) and upgrade that to last FW (V5.5.3) and confirm that theres is no such problem for this platform series.

Hi,

We just tested a 2385 that had been upgraded to the latest firmware and the sub-stream works on both a Mac and PC browser.

- Are you a Mac or PC user?
- Which Browser are you using?
- Are you accessing the camera on its own or via an NVR using virtual host?

This is because you test it on camera web browser and yes it work but on iVMS-4200 and local view of NVR, the sub-stream problem emerged.
camera test: 2025FWD-I, 2T35FWD-I8, 2625FWD-IZS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back