01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.82 (G1 Series cameras)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

don't know if anyone here has any thoughts on my issue (I've tried fw versions 5.5.80 and 5.5.82). My issue is that I'm not able to get any video input to my browser if webcomponent is selected (see the attatchment). If I switch to MJPEG then I can see the httppreview on the browser (canvas) but I don't want to use this. I've also been having some email conversations with Hikvision EU support about their websocket implementation and how to utilize it but every response what I receive from them is just trying to shuv me towards using a plug-in based solution (in my case that's not an option due to I have to display the camera feed on a QtWebEngine-component which doesn't allow any plug-ins to be installed on it..).

If anyone has any thoughts on this matter or has any inputs on the settings that I should have activated on my IPC then I would be more than happy to see those.

BR,

Attachments

• websocket.png
    websocket.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,097
Until they introduce/release new firmware that has generally become known as the 'no plugin' solution I think you are going to struggle to get it working without using Internet Explorer, or the Chrome browser with the IEtabs extension added.

Maybe you could use one of the streaming url options?
User Access denied on streaming image through browser

I upgraded to the 5.5.82 firmware on my DS-2CD2385FWD-I/G and DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 and DS-2CD2T36G0-I5 which is connected directly to the DS7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) (FW: V3.4.100 180310)

I can report that since the firmware update on the cameras, all live view stopped functioning when logged directly into the camera using the NVR POE ports (access camera via virtual host). I can see the live view image when logged into the NVR but since the FW update the cameras live view image no longer works. When logged into the camera. ...which makes the intrusion detection, line crossing rendered useless as you can no longer edit them as live view won’t work on the camera. You can edit them in the nvr, but it only shows a few minor settings. Factory reset didn’t fix anything. So I’m stuck!

Since the FW update, when logged into any of the cameras, the ‘local’ settings disappear (Missing from the left hand menu). Upon inspection of the web browser developer tools console, it appears that your local menu item has been defined to be ‘hidden’ (html/css style.... “display:none”). Occasionally when it does reappear, all live view parameters and storage settings are blank. When I set them, it refuses to save.

I find this very frustrating as I was always told that hikvision was an extremely good camera system, however since purchasing the cameras and NVR I found them to be quite problematic and the software to be glitchy. Since the NVR was purchased only a few months ago I find it odd that the firmware is only on V3.4.xxx when the identical I series are on V4.xxx. Yet I read that someone had installed 4.1.6 on their DS7608NI-K1 / 8P!!!

Last edited:
I can see from the UK portal that they appear to have just released V5.5.83.

I noticed from the release notes that the DS7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) isn't listed in the Tested NVRs - does that mean it could be a little risky?

I can see from the UK portal that they appear to have just released V5.5.83.

I noticed from the release notes that the DS7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) isn't listed in the Tested NVRs - does that mean it could be a little risky?

I wouldn't expect there to be any problem, if you look at the release notes for the previous firmware (5.5.82) they didn't test that firmware on any K-series NVRs and as far as we have seen there has been no problem with that firmware.

Just tested it on 5.5.83 and still the same issue.

The DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 and DS-2CD2T36G0-I5 were running old 2017 firmware (i.e. something like V5.4.4) and were running fine. their live view failed when upgraded to latest firmware.

I've rolled back to 5.8.0 with no success of live view in the camera.

I cannot believe the newer firmware's won't work with their K-series NVR!!!

I suspect the best way to fix this is to buy a £150 16 port netgear POE switch and plug the cameras directly into there, then give it a static IP and hopefully I can see the camera live view. At the moment the camera is plugged directly into the back of the NVR and the NVR is assigning it within the virtual host subnetwork. By implementing the 16 port switch and letting the TP Link router to assign each camera an IP address, then I can connect to the camera directly without going through the NVR. ...it seems like a waste of money setting it up like this, but this looks like my only option.

Attachments

• NVR-Network.jpg
    NVR-Network.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
Just tested it on 5.5.83 and still the same issue.

Hi,

Which browser are you using to access the cameras?

Due to recent updates by almost all of the browsers, they now no longer support the plugin the Hikvision uses, the only browser that does support the plugin is Internet Explorer. We have a 7604-K1/4P NVR in our office that is running v3.4.101 firmware (there is now a v3.4.103 which we have yet to test) and on that firmware we are able to see the live view and playback images using Internet Explorer, and one of the cameras is a 2385 on v5.5.82 and we can see live view from that both via the NVR and via virtual host.

I would recommend updating the NVR to v3.4.101 or beyond and then try accessing the NVR using Internet Explorer, if you still have no live view then please share some screenshots of what you are seeing.

Tried. internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox
Also tried Mac Safari (known not to work) and Sea Monkey (works same as IE on PC)

tried to upgrade to V3.4.101, but it repeatedly fails. For the 7604NI-K1(B) there is no V3.4.101 firmware available. Only V3.4.100 is available.

Now that I think of it... When the 2285 8MP turret was delivered, I tested it directly with it plugged into my office router and the camera Live view worked, but when I plugged it into the NVR, thats when live view didn't work (with the default out of the box firmware on both NVR and camera). the bullet cameras (2T55FWD and 2T36G0) worked fine on the original firmware.

So to confirm:
  • Live view on the 8MP turret never worked via the NVR on out of box Firmware
  • Live view worked on the turret when plugged into router on out of box firmware
  • Upgraded to latest firmware made no difference[/li]
  • Live view on the 2 6MP bullets worked fine (running on older firmware than the turret)
  • Live View stopped on the 2 bullets when upgraded to latest version
  • Live View on NVR has always worked and still does
  • NVR was upgraded from Out of Box firmware to latest firmware and this made no difference
  • NVR was downgraded back to V3.4.99 build 171121, this made no difference
  • Factory resets on all devices have never fixed
Just for info, I have a second installation at a different premises. All using the 7604NI-K1(B) and 3x DS-2CD2385FWD-I/G cameras, all on out of the box firmware. No issues with live view on camera or NVR. I'll try and get the firmware versions in the next day or two.

Screen snapshots attached.
Note that Camera Live view image, the 'Playback' & 'Picture' items are missing in top menu!!
Also, in the firmware page, you can see that the 'Local' item is missing from the left hand menu.
If I access it via Safari (Mac), they appear, but the local settings are blank.

Update: Managed to get camera live view working on IE after I physically powered off everything. On the Apple Mac (Sea Monkey) there's still no live view on Camera, but NVR Live view does work!

Attachments

• camera Live View.png
    camera Live View.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Safari on Mac.png
    Safari on Mac.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 974
  • Camera Firmware.png
    Camera Firmware.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
So to confirm:
  • Live view on the 8MP turret never worked via the NVR on out of box Firmware
  • Live view worked on the turret when plugged into router on out of box firmware
  • Upgraded to latest firmware made no difference[/li]
  • Live view on the 2 6MP bullets worked fine (running on older firmware than the turret)
  • Live View stopped on the 2 bullets when upgraded to latest version
  • Live View on NVR has always worked and still does
  • NVR was upgraded from Out of Box firmware to latest firmware and this made no difference
  • NVR was downgraded back to V3.4.99 build 171121, this made no difference
  • Factory resets on all devices have never fixed
Just for info, I have a second installation at a different premises. All using the 7604NI-K1(B) and 3x DS-2CD2385FWD-I/G cameras, all on out of the box firmware. No issues with live view on camera or NVR. I'll try and get the firmware versions in the next day or two.

Screen snapshots attached.
Note that Camera Live view image, the 'Playback' & 'Picture' items are missing in top menu!!
Also, in the firmware page, you can see that the 'Local' item is missing from the left hand menu.
If I access it via Safari (Mac), they appear, but the local settings are blank.

Update: Managed to get camera live view working on IE after I physically powered off everything. On the Apple Mac (Sea Monkey) there's still no live view on Camera, but NVR Live view does work!

Everything you are seeing is very odd, as you will see from the attached screenshots our 7604-K1/4P is on the .101 firmware [we have also tested a (B) model with .100 firmware] and when accessing with Internet Explorer we could see live view, playback, and all the other menus. Then when I access one camera (2385) with the virtual host I also get live view, playback and again all the other menus, and that camera is also on the 5.5.83 firmware.

As already mentioned above we have tested a non-(B) NVR and that works fine, we have also got a brand new (B) model out of stock and that works fine also. I highly doubt it is anything to do with firmware as the 5.5.82 firmware has been out for months and we have had no other reports like this and if the firmware was going to cause any problems it would be with the older non-(B) model as they are now pretty much EOL.

This makes me think that it has to be something to do with your setup:

- Are you a Mac or PC user, or do you have access to both?
- Are you on the latest version of Internet Explorer 11? (v11.706.17134)
- Have you tried clearing your browser cache data?

Attachments

• hik problem(1).JPG
    hik problem(1).JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 632
  • hik problem(2).JPG
    hik problem(2).JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 506
  • hik problem(3).JPG
    hik problem(3).JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 429
  • hik problem(4).JPG
    hik problem(4).JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 541
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply
  • Access to both PC & Mac (mainly use sea monkey on mac).
  • Tested on Latest IE
  • Always use incognito mode so no cache used.
Yes it does seem very odd. If I could list the amount of bizarre scenarios Ive experienced with the interface, you'd be surprised with the random list (latest anomaly this morning was not being able to click 'Browse' to upload the firmware to the NVR) had to reboot the NVR twice in order for it to work.

As it's working on IE for now, I've managed to configure the intrusion settings, so I'll cope with that until it breaks again.

Update: just for info...also noticed today on iMVS-4200 live view works nicely, but when you go to configure events (I.e motion detection) the thumbnail preview doesn’t show within the software.

Last edited:
Hi, I am unable to upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I.

It is currently running;
Firmware version: V5.4.5 build 170124
Encoding version: V7.3 build 170123
Web Version: V4.0.1 build 170123
Plugin Version: V3.0.6.14

I downloaded the latest firmware; _/IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.5.82_181211\digicap.dav but the update fails with ;

Status Failed to get the upgrading progress.

Any ideas ? ( I am using chrome with IE tab)

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
when you downloaded and unzipped did you put the digicap.dav file on your root of the c drive
cctvdigi.PNG

Attachments

• cctv2.PNG
    cctv2.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 380
dunno why when I attach digicap pic it doesnt show file name

but that will be your issue

Managed to get this working by first selecting "Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings " in the system -> maintenance section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back