01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - V5.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision have released new firmware for their G1 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.6.4, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last few pages of the release notes specify the applicable cameras.

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.4 Features

*for G1 platform Cameras

1. New Features
  • Optimized focusing effect of varifocal models.

Attachments

• IPC V5.6.4 G1 Release Note--External.pdf
    902.4 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:
Hi there,
is there already experience with firmware V5.6.4?
Bad experiences or good ones?

I am surprised that after a month no one has asked ;-)
Thanks

There isn't much to say on it, the changes are minimal and only listed as "Optimized focusing effect of varifocal models."

The release notes suggest that it is seems to have been released in preparation for a more substantial update in stating:
"Note:Do not downgrade the device with factory version 5.6.4 to below 5.6.4"

Nothing negative to report though, from our experience it all seems to running as well as expected. Hopefully someone will be able to provide some more useful feedback!

Always worth updating firmware :) for the security of your equipment if nothing else.
Let us know what your own experiences with it are!

I’ve just upgraded my DS-2CD2385FWD-I to 5.6.4 and I can no longer disable the 3rd stream. I untick the box the camera reboots and it’s still enabled. Anyone seen this issue?

I have also experience several glitches using the camera web interface from Safari where the screen doesn’t update and then it shows a small dialogue box with logout timeout 3 seconds (or something like that) and doesn’t recover. closing the page and going back to the login page then everything is ok.

may revert to previous version, I presume it’s only cameras that had this as the factory default version that cant be down graded?

richard

Hi @Richie

We have tested this firmware on a 2385FWD using Chrome on a Mac and we haven't encountered either of the issues you describe.

The web interface time out may just be a browser caching issue, we have seen previously with some users that after updating certain firmwares the browser menus do not display correctly or time out. You can usually fix this by refreshing the browser and/or clearing the browser's cache, below are instructions for refreshing Safari on a Mac:

It's one simple keyboard shortcut; Command + R is the Safari equivalent to F5 in a Windows browser. Note that if you want to refresh a webpage in Safari without loading cache, you can use Command+Option+R, or hold down the Shift key and then click the refresh button, or you can empty the Safari cache.

The third stream issue may also be fixed by the clearing the browser cache and if not then downgrading the firmware may be the only option, but seeing as we don't see this issue when running v5.6.4 firmware I don't think you should have to downgrade.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have investigated further and it turns out to be my DVR thats causing the changes. I use QNAP QVRPro for my security system and a recent software update is now enabling the 3rd stream even if it’s not being used. I need to submit a bug report to QNAP as it means I can no longer use face detection.

That will teach me to update 2 things at similar times!

thanks again.

Richie

Reactions: Dan
We are aware of the new firmware and the poor release notes, we have emailed Hikvision Support to get an explanation of exactly what "Fixed some known issues" actually means and what issues this relates to. When they reply we will create a new thread like this one for the v5.6.5 firmware with the information they provide us.

I went to update mine today from 5.5.4 171206 to the latest but keeps failing on 2 of the 3 cameras

I updated all 6 of mine 2 days ago without any problems. Would be great to have further info on what’s changed.

I went to update mine today from 5.5.4 171206 to the latest but keeps failing on 2 of the 3 cameras

Are all 3 of your cameras the same model?

Have you tried jumping up to an earlier v5.6.x firmware? Sometimes if you are making a large firmware jump from say v5.5.x to v5.6.x the cameras may need to step up gradually by using an early v5.6.x firmware before jumping to v5.6.5.

Try stepping up to v5.6.0 first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back