01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - V5.6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision has released new firmware for their G1 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.6.5, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last few pages of the release notes specify the applicable cameras.

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.5 Features

*for G1 platform Cameras

1. New Features
  • Newly released (D) models:
DS-2CD2523G0-IW(S)(D)
DS-2CD2525FWD-IWS(D)
DS-2CD2543G0-IW(S)(D)
DS-2CD2545FWD-IW(S)(D)
DS-2CD2555FWD-IWS(D)
DS-2CD2563G0-IW(S)(D)

Camera with (D) model only support adding to Hik-Connect via a wired network, not support adding to Hik-Connect via a wireless network.

• Fixed some known issues.

We were delayed posting the announcement of the release of this new firmware as we wanted to clarify with Hikvision support what "Fixed some known issues" actually meant, we emailed them and this was their response:

When the release notes states "fixes known issues" it tends to be when the information is for internal only.
So one issue which isn't shown is an issue with the motion detection alarm it might be disconnected, if the motion detection constantly triggers for more than 25 seconds.
The other issue with a Synchronization issue with 8MP models at 20FPS, the substream will display Full frame.

Attachments

• IPC V5.6.5 G1 Release Note--External.pdf
    852.2 KB · Views: 627
Hi. Not sure - do I need to update?

Attachments

• V5 6 3 Firmware DS2CD2385 G1-I.jpg
    V5 6 3 Firmware DS2CD2385 G1-I.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 570
Hi @Skyler

You are 2 firmware versions behind so I would definitely update as even though the v5.6.5 firmware doesn't include many improvements the last v5.6.4 firmware does so you may as well update all the way to v5.6.5

yep, that's correct, as linked above in the first part of this thread.

Ok for 2346G1 as I cant 'see' this model in the PDF release notes?
Also, separate Q as just mounted this camera i bought from you..if mounting on vertical wall, must I have the 'up' on the top or can i invert the image if I spin it round 180degrees?

Hi @Dave Howard

The 2346G1 AcuSense camera uses different firmware to the standard 2xx5 & 2xx7 camera, the AcuSense cameras use G1+M Firmware

We usually recommend that you initially install the camera with the area marked UP at the top, but you can then rotate the turret ball into any position and rotate the image within cameras image settings.

We have a heap of the G1 series cameras, and anything running the 5.6.x firmware has rubbish picture quality compared to ones running the 5.5.x firmware, which we are leaving on that older firmware until this is resolved. Same situation on the latest 5.6.5 firmware.
Have Hikvision made comment on this at all?

Hi @TheDrover

Have you checked the bitrate of the camera after updating the firmware?

We have seen recently some G1 cameras which out the box are set to very low bitrates which then effects the image quality, it may be that updating the firmware is also reducing the bitrate.

Do you have any comparison screenshots of the image quality before and after the firmware?

The v5.6.5 firmware version has been superseded by the below version:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back