01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - V5.6.6

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision has released new firmware for their G1 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.6.6, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last few pages of the release notes specify the applicable cameras.

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.6 main updates are listed below:

1. Fixed the issue that the main stream of the 2645FWD, 2745FWD and 2H45FWD model does not support 1280*720 resolution.
2. Fixed the issue that the wired and wireless IP addresses are set differently on Wi-Fi models. After unplugging the network cable, both IPs can access the device.
3. Fixed the issue that the algorithm does not detect the target after the device enable the Du-VCA function and runs for a period of time.
4. Fixed the issue that the SVC function of the camera is invalid after connecting to the NVR and enable SVC on the NVR side.
5. Fixed the issue of low volume pickup on some models.
6. Fixed the issue that Hik-Connect cannot be online for device registration due to changes in the rules of the virtual model of oversea products.

Attachments

• Network Camera V5.6.6 Release Note --G1.pdf
    245 KB · Views: 548
Hikvision has released new firmware for their G1 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.6.6, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last few pages of the release notes specify the applicable cameras.

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.6 main updates are listed below:

1. Fixed the issue that the main stream of the 2645FWD, 2745FWD and 2H45FWD model does not support 1280*720 resolution.
2. Fixed the issue that the wired and wireless IP addresses are set differently on Wi-Fi models. After unplugging the network cable, both IPs can access the device.
3. Fixed the issue that the algorithm does not detect the target after the device enable the Du-VCA function and runs for a period of time.
4. Fixed the issue that the SVC function of the camera is invalid after connecting to the NVR and enable SVC on the NVR side.
5. Fixed the issue of low volume pickup on some models.
6. Fixed the issue that Hik-Connect cannot be online for device registration due to changes in the rules of the virtual model of oversea products.
Hi @Dan, please could I check if you know whether upgrading a G1 cube camera to this firmware version will stop it being accessible via iVMS-4500 on iOS devices?

I'm keen to get the latest firmware for my camera (DS-2CD2443G0-IW) which is currently on V5.6.3 as I've been having some issues with the stream to iVMS pausing/hanging for long periods over the local network. This seems to have happened without any changes/updates to the camera or the version of iVMS on the iPad, but it has got worse and worse over the last few days (annoying as we use the camera as a baby monitor).

I've given the camera (and iPad) a reboot and will keep my fingers crossed but also thought about updating to the latest firmware. However I found this thread which implies that updating to V5.6.6 will stop the camera being accessible via iVMS which has me worried. I only use this camera over the local network and have no desire to create a Hik-Connect account just to view locally.

Any thoughts / experience would be much appreciated!

@Dan is this applicable to 2346G1 ? As I cannot see/find this model listed in the release notes.

I am currently running 5.6.0 B190507.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan,
On the UK Hik website they show new FW for G1 cams.
E.g. DS-2CD2185G0-IMS
with linked Release notes

1. New Features
- N/A
2. Improve Features
- N/A

what is the point?
The release notes state 5.7.4 and 5.6.820, so they are not correct.

However the firmware applied fine for me on my DS-2CD2347G1-LU & DS-2CD2385G1-I

Back