01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - version V5.6.0

Are you satisfied with this update and information?

• Satisfied

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 25th February 2020 - Superseded by V5.6.4: Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - version V5.6.4

Hikvision have released new firmware for their G1 Series IP cameras version V5.6.0

This can be downloaded from their portal here:
European portal - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
UK portal - N/A yet

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.
There is a long list of fixes and improvements with this release.

Please Note
It has come to light (via user feedback) that it is not possible to downgrade from this version.
Downgrading firmware on G1 from v5.6.0 to v5.5.83

I've added a poll above - first time we've tried it - feel free to add a Post to this thread to elaborate if you wish.

Attachments

• IPC V5.6.0 G1, G1+M Release Note--External 13-6-19.pdf
    793.4 KB · Views: 935
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that under tested NVR's it lists firmware version v4.1.54 for the K-Series.

installed on 28 cameras that I installed at my workplace and all working fine

just out of interest how does one install on a vast amount of cameras? I connected each camera to the router and set the ip address in sadp to access via pc then updated firmware then reconnected them to my nvr. I can see a place in the nvr to update a camera but unsure how it works. would be interesting to know for the future as its a pain in the bum to connect external power to each cam to update.

ok

hope I can explain this correctly as it took me ages to work it out and did it one at a time before

you can go into camera menu

click all cameras and then press upgrade

point to the usb drive and away it goes and updates all of them

I've upgraded two of my G1 cameras, however they now cannot be added to Mac iVMS-4200 v 2.0.0.5 build 20190220 which they were working on before the upgrade.

Also does anyone know how to deal with the error message :
"Not enough decoding resource. Please download the local server plug-in and try again."
I can see from the browser window that a new plugin is now required, however when I accept the offer to search for and install one, the system is looking for a "microsoft windows" .exe file.

Thanks

I've upgraded 2 cameras with odd and different results on each camera using Safari 12.1.1

DS-2CD2335FWD-I/G This showed the extra Playback menu for a while after upgrading and also had a lens correction option appear under config/image/adjustments. After 5 minutes of running the playback menu has gone as has the lens correction. The H.265+ stream is displayed correctly on Live View if I select the 1st stream.

DS-2CD2385FWD-I This camera doesn't have any of the above and will not show the Live H.265+ stream.

I haven't reset the settings yet as I need more time to be able to put them back as I want them....

update: The memory requirement to display a 4k stream is too great for Safari, error message given in console (Cannot enlarge memory arrays. Either (1) compile with -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X with X higher than the current value 134217728....)

Last edited:
Not good for me, when I download from the camera in IE and I select 1 days of video recording it gets to 24th recording and then from then on says download failed, ie is running as admin also on ip cam pro (an app on my android phone) it can no longer connect to the cameras.
I have x3 DS-2CD2185FWD-I
and
x2 DS-2CD2085FWD-I
Cameras are all stand alone connected through IE or IP Cam Pro.
Ness.

new plugin? where can I get it please as in chrome I don't get a playback option?
Ness.

when you login via chrome you should get an option to download a plug in. just thought though, maybe this is just for nvr's and not standalone cams.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    121.9 KB · Views: 935
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back