01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - version V5.6.2

Are you satisfied with this firmware update?

• Satisfied

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be the answer.

I see they pushed an updated on Oct 30th. Was this announcement after that time frame?

@tellsch,
How did you manage to downgrade firmware? I thought there is no option to downgrade anymore if you are 5.6.x (up to 5.5.83 downgrading worked).
What cameras do you have?

@tellsch,
How did you manage to downgrade firmware? I thought there is no option to downgrade anymore if you are 5.6.x (up to 5.5.83 downgrading worked).
What cameras do you have?

You can downgrade if you are above v5.6.x but you can only downgrade as far as v5.6.0

If you look at @tellsch post you will see they downgraded from v5.6.3 to v5.6.2, v5.6.1 and v5.6.0 but they will not be able to downgrade below that version.

Correct. Camera is DS-2CD2035FWD.

HikVision support had one last reply this AM - confirmed they are no longer updated iVMS-4500. Hik-connect it is!

I started out on 4500 but then switched to Hik Connect. Once you get used to it and understand the features, it is a much better app. You'll enjoy it.

Could I get someone to point me to the latest firmware for the following (sorry - I am just bamboozled!):

NVR: DS-7608NI-I2
Camera type 1: DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
Camera type 2: DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Thanks!

A newbie question... are there any region restrictions on camera firmware? I'm in Australia and have a DS-2CD2455FWD-IW running V5.5.53 build 180802. Can I just download the latest version from the UK portal and upgrade?

Cheers.

A newbie question... are there any region restrictions on camera firmware? I'm in Australia and have a DS-2CD2455FWD-IW running V5.5.53 build 180802. Can I just download the latest version from the UK portal and upgrade?

Cheers.
As i experience you could do this totally but in ANPR Camera (Plate number Camera) this is depend on region in example i test ANPR firmware from Russian portal when you install this in Traffic road section webUI setting CIS region appear it design to detect Russian and CIS plate number also i download firmware from US portal, the region changed to US and Canada so totally in my experience you could download and use firmware from others region (care about language setting) but in ANPR camera it recommend to use your own region.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back