01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras (2xx6G2/2xx1G2/2xx6G0/2xx7G2) - V5.5.134

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
(UPDATE - We have been made aware that there is an issue with 2-way audio on this firmware, Hik support have informed us that that there is new firmware that should be released this week that will hopefully include a fix for this 2-way issue - we will start a new thread when that firmware is released)

Hikvision has released new firmware for their G3 Series IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.5.134, can be downloaded here.

For clarification, the G3 Firmware Family is actually firmware for the latest G2 AcuSense models (2xx6G2) and this latest firmware version is now also for the latest G2 ColorVu models (2xx7G2)

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last few pages of the release notes specify the applicable cameras.

Hikvision Firmware V5.5.134 Features:

Improved/New Features:
  • Support for new 2 series ColorVu DS-2CD2XX7G2 and 3 series DS-2CD3XX6G2 cameras
  • 3 Series support 5 ROI, 8 privacy mask areas, and VCA Resource switch.
  • 3 Series support Audio Exception Detection.
  • 3 Series Varifocal models use single light control to adjust High beam and Low beam
  • Optimize motion detection

Attachments

• IPC V5.5.134 G3 Release Note--External.pdf
    774.7 KB · Views: 650
Dan so this is not done yet?

We have asked Hikvision support about this issue and their answer is below:

I am afraid HQ didn’t change the algorithm for baseline firmware since customer usually won’t send out pictures larger than 2MP in the email. Please suggest the customer to stay at that special firmware for now and I will check with HQ if they are going to change the algorithm in the future firmware. Thanks!

So basically they are saying the support to send pictures via FTP for line crossing is only available on the patch firmware (v5.5.131_200423) they released to fix the problem. If you want to continue using this feature you will need to downgrade and stay on this patch firmware until Hikvision HQ decide to include this ability in the main firmware.

Hi @nesswill

Yes this is correct, it is annoying but hopefully, Hikvision HQ will take the feedback about how important this feature is and introduce a fully functional solution in a future firmware.

Hi @audiovs

We have no fixed release date in the UK for the 2xx7G2 ColorVu cameras but Hikvision HQ has informed us that they should be released Q4 this year, sometimes there is a slight delay between Hikvision's release date and the stock arriving in the Uk so they may not actually be available to purchase until early next year.

We will add the product pages to the website when we have a more solid stock arrival date.

Latest version is now 5.5.135 and it has introduced bugs in the motion detection

Latest version is now 5.5.135 and it has introduced bugs in the motion detection

See our reply to your other forum post:

UPDATE - We have been made aware that there is an issue with 2-way audio on this firmware, Hik support has informed us that that there is a new firmware that should be released this week that will hopefully include a fix for this 2-way issue and some of the other issues which have been reported - we will start a new thread when that firmware is released

Hi,
any infos regarding the 2-way audio issue and new firmware?
Or are there older Firmwares, where the 2-way audio works with hik-connect?

The week is over ;)

@ Dan... does G3 Series Cameras - 5.5.150 firmware fix my issue below please?

Dan so this is not done yet?

We have asked Hikvision support about this issue and their answer is below:

I am afraid HQ didn’t change the algorithm for baseline firmware since customer usually won’t send out pictures larger than 2MP in the email. Please suggest the customer to stay at that special firmware for now and I will check with HQ if they are going to change the algorithm in the future firmware. Thanks!

So basically they are saying the support to send pictures via FTP for line crossing is only available on the patch firmware (v5.5.131_200423) they released to fix the problem. If you want to continue using this feature you will need to downgrade and stay on this patch firmware until Hikvision HQ decide to include this ability in the main firmware.

I notice there's a new 5.5.160 firmware on the EU Portal: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

No release notes as yet. Giving it a try anyway.
Well spotted - I'll let someone else break theirs first ;) Unusual for it to land on the EU portal before the UK.
I hope it will fix the bug that causes the motion detection polygon to reset to a rectangle after an undetermined period of time.

Edit: I'm too impatient to wait so will load it on mine shortly.

Edit 2: Too late - broke it

Edit 3: BEWARE BEFORE UPGRADING: I've loaded it onto the first camera a DS2386G2-I. I'll not be installing this version on my others and will probably roll back. After upgrade the login screen no longer appears in IE (IE 11 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit via Parallels VM). I've deleted browsing history, rebooted windows and rebooted the camera but the issue persists. The browser connects and the address bar updates but all I get is a blank white screen with the login box missing. I can still use Safari for config of the affected camera, but that won't support live view or image preview during config.

Edit 4: Rebooting the camera has also reset the motion detection polygon to a rectangle immediately, so that bug remains. I'm not sure what the Hikvision devs get paid before but it certainly isn't listening to customers or technical ability!

Edit 5: No more edits......I promise

Last edited:
Using Windows 7 Pro 64. Internet explorer doesn't work (not even using "run as administrator")

Chrome - worked briefly but then stopped. It gives a "browser not supported message following successful login" with a link to download Internet Explorer but as Windows 7 is no longer supported, that's a dead end.

Firefox - brings up the login box, but after entering credentials the login button does not function.

Microsoft Edge - same as Firefox above

I guess I'll have to pay for a copy of Windows 10 :eek::( to use on my VM solely for configuring Hikvision cameras. I have a 3 month free trial and it works with Edge when I've briefly tried it.

I notice there's a new 5.5.160 firmware on the EU Portal: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Now it is possible to enable motion or smart event to set the white light on, but it seems a little buggy. I set it to trigger light on with line crossing event and not with motion detection, but still I have this one event from last night that light goes on with motion detection (no line crossing triggered).

Using Windows 7 Pro 64. Internet explorer doesn't work (not even using "run as administrator")

Chrome - worked briefly but then stopped. It gives a "browser not supported message following successful login" with a link to download Internet Explorer but as Windows 7 is no longer supported, that's a dead end.

Firefox - brings up the login box, but after entering credentials the login button does not function.

Microsoft Edge - same as Firefox above

I guess I'll have to pay for a copy of Windows 10 :eek::( to use on my VM solely for configuring Hikvision cameras. I have a 3 month free trial and it works with Edge when I've briefly tried it.
@JB1970 if you have Windows 7 already you can free upgrade to Windows 10.

Thanks - I think that offer has long passed unfortunately, but I'll look into it in case I've missed something. As a Mac user I hate Windows with a passion, but have a few applications that I need it for - mainly manufacturers software for the alarm systems I work with and also Microsoft Visio for drawings (I don't like the Mac alternative)

I got to this forum, as I could see you are discussing about the G3 5.5.160 firmware. I noticed there was firmware on EU FTP, 2 days ago, but no release notes, so I was looking for it. I can't find the firmware on FTP anymore, so I suspect it was an experimental and removed. (the same FW version 160 was shown on YouTube demo by DVS earlier this year and look ok to what I was looking for)
I still have a copy of FW if anybody is interested. I am tempted to install it to test LED light triggered by the smart event, but wanted to see the release notes.

@Magwhy I forgot to report back. I looked at that link/video you posted and the upgrade worked fine without asking me to activate it again. Quite surprising that it's still free.

Back