01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras (2xx6G2/2xx7G2/3xx6G2/3xx7G2) - V5.5.160

Can anyone confirm if the "white light" trigger on motion/smart event is still working in this latest firmware release for G3 (non-C version) cameras?

I am still running some 2CD2386G2 (G3 Platform / non-C) versions that are using smart events to trigger the white supplemental LED in the camera but after reading that the last G5 platform firmware (v5.5.801) removed the white light trigger functionality (C version) I'm a little hesitant to update.

Firmware v5.5.160 has the working white light trigger on event but as there are no release notes for v5.5.800 it's not possible to know what has changed aside from the security patches.

Can anyone advise if the white light trigger on events is still working in the latest update?
Updating a 2386G2 (G3 platform) from 5.5.160 (the older build) now. Will report back....

Updating a 2386G2 (G3 platform) from 5.5.160 (the older build) now. Will report back....
@venturis - as I mentioned in another post it's not there unless I'm missing something. Ive only seen it to date on version 5.5.114 on G5 and missing in all other versions:

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 12.59.37.png
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 13.00.01.png

@venturis - as I mentioned in another post it's not there unless I'm missing something. Ive only seen it to date on version 5.5.114 on G5 and missing in all other versions:

View attachment 6725
View attachment 6726
I think the reason your not seeing the option is because your camera is the “-I” variant whilst you need to have the “-ISU/SL” version which has the integrated white light.

I would attach a screenshot of my camera config but Im on a tablet right now. I have the flashing light option under the event linkage for most smart events. Setting the flashing light to on instead of flashing keeps it on for the duration I set.

A user on IPcamtalk forum posted pic of 2087 G3 cam with new 800 firmware and white light is present under Basic event motion detection.

I think the reason your not seeing the option is because your camera is the “-I” variant whilst you need to have the “-ISU/SL” version which has the integrated white light.

I would attach a screenshot of my camera config but Im on a tablet right now. I have the flashing light option under the event linkage for most smart events. Setting the flashing light to on instead of flashing keeps it on for the duration I set.
@venturis - All models have the integrated white light but the ISU/SL and LSU/SL has integrated white light and separate strobe light.

As I mentioned in the other post, the action to trigger the supplemental light was just that - no white LED illumination as standard during darkness, setting the action brings it on for a pre determined time after event activation. I did set it up on my DS-2CD2347G2-IU (G3 platform) a few weeks ago to try it. The ISU/SL and LSU/SL which I also have has separate options to trigger the strobe light on event activation but it's not possible to bring on the supplemental white LED in the manner described above, the way you can for the -I and -IU models with version 5.5.114.

In summary:

ISU/SL and LSU/SL have the ability to activate the strobe light (and/or speaker) on alarm event and this will occur irrespective of whether the separate supplemental LED is being used to aid illumination.

-I and -IU have no ability to activate a strobe light as they don't have one. However depending on platform and firmware version it is possible to leave the white LED illumination disabled, but have it illuminate for a time (not flashing) following an event.

Not confusing at all - lol. I think that people are getting the two functions mixed up.

All,

I have my LED light activated with motion in my dark alley and it works great, I'm surprised other camera manufacturers don't offer this. Question, I'm looking to add more of these cameras to my home based on the amazing image quality at night. While shopping, I was told to stay away from Hikvision due to security issues because it's on the US watchlist or banned?

Anyway, I'm running 5.5.114 on G5 camera and will need to keep this firmware version to keep the LED on with motion feature. If this camera was not secure for some reason, am I just risking the chance that someone could login to my camera and watch the footage? Or, would they be able to get into my network and start messing with other things? If it's just a matter of someone watching my footage, I wouldn't' care as it's just the alley. Let me know your thoughts on this because I really love the image quality coming out of this camera.

@venturis - All models have the integrated white light but the ISU/SL and LSU/SL has integrated white light and separate strobe light. As I mentioned in the other post, the action to trigger the supplemental light was just that - no white LED illumination as standard during darkness, setting the action brings it on for a pre determined time after event activation. I did set it up on my DS-2CD2347G2-IU (G3 platform) a few weeks ago to try it. The ISU/SL and LSU/SL which I also have has separate options to trigger the strobe light on event activation but it's not possible to bring on the supplemental white LED in the manner described above, the way you can for the -I and -IU models with version 5.5.114. In summary: ISU/SL and LSU/SL have the ability to activate the strobe light (and/or speaker) on alarm event and this will occur irrespective of whether the separate supplemental LED is being used to aid illumination. -I and -IU have no ability to activate a strobe light as they don't have one. However depending on platform and firmware version it is possible to leave the white LED illumination disabled, but have it illuminate for a time (not flashing) following an event. Not confusing at all - lol. I think that people are getting the two functions mixed up.

LOL...of course you're right....I'd completely forgotten the fact that the LED supplemental light is separate to the strobe/flashing LED. Its now coming back to me.

Sorry, I am totally confused as a HikVision newbie. I have bought and installed a NVR and four Cameras recently.

NVR is: DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Cams are: DS-2CD3T86G2-4IS

I successfully upgraded the Cam Firmwares to v5.5.153 build 200827 using this download:
Cam Firmware (Technical Materials Folder)

I also successfully upgraded the NVR Firmware to v4.51.7 build 210818 using this download:
NVR Firmware (Backends Folder)

I now noticed there is another folder ("03 Frontends" as opposed to "Technical Materials » 00 Network Camera » 00 Product Firmware") where there seem to be different updates for my cameras, specifically: Cam Firmware (Frontends Folder)

I tried to update my cameras to either newer firmware there (5.5.160 as well as 5.5.800) via iVMS-4200 (on OSX) but get the "file mismatches" error when trying to upgrade.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-05 um 09.28.22.png

I believe I do now understand there are different "platforms" (G3 vs G5) and if I got it correctly, my camera is G3 (although the model numbers ends in G2...) and i GUESS that the 5.5.800 firmware is for G5-Platforms (that was incorrect) but that the 5.5.160 firmware should apply to my models. On the other hand, why would a G5-Firmware end up in the G3-Folder on the website? Anyway, my Camera's Model number is also mentioned in the release notes for the 5.5.160 firmware update: Release Notes 5.5.160.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-05 um 09.26.12.png

Please kindly shed some light on this - what is the latest firmware I can use to update my cameras and (bonus question!) why are there totally different firmware folders on the hkeurope-site for my camera model in the first place AND why is v5.5.153 from the "Technical Materials"-Folder not listed in the "Frontends Folder". Should I have not used the 5.5.153 update? This is indeed confusing. Thank you! Really appreciate your help.

Greets
-act

Last edited:
Sorry, I am totally confused as a HikVision newbie. I have bought and installed a NVR and four Cameras recently.

NVR is: DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Cams are: DS-2CD3T86G2-4IS

I successfully upgraded the Cam Firmwares to v5.5.153 build 200827 using this download:
Cam Firmware (Technical Materials Folder)

I also successfully upgraded the NVR Firmware to v4.51.7 build 210818 using this download:
NVR Firmware (Backends Folder)

I now noticed there is another folder ("03 Frontends" as opposed to "Technical Materials » 00 Network Camera » 00 Product Firmware") where there seem to be newer updates for my cameras, specifically: Cam Firmware (Frontends Folder)

I tried to update my cameras to either newer firmware there (5.5.160 as well as 5.5.800) via iVMS-4200 but get the "file mismatches" error when trying to upgrade.

View attachment 6730

I believe I do now understand there are different "platforms" (G3 vs G5) and if I got it correctly, my camera is G3 (although the model numbers ends in G2...) and i GUESS that the 5.5.800 firmware is for G5-Platforms but that the 5.5.160 firmware should apply to my models. My Camera's Model number is also mentioned in the release notes for the 5.5.160 firmware update: Release Notes 5.5.160.

View attachment 6729

Please shed some light on this - what is the latest firmware I can use to update my cameras and (bonus question!) why are there totally different firmware folders on the hkeurope-site for my camera model in the first place AND why is v5.5.153 from the "Technical Materials"-Folder not listed in the "Frontends Folder". Should I have not used the 5.5.153 update? This is indeed confusing. Thank you! Really appreciate your help.

Greets
-act
There are two portals - EU and UK. The firmware files are the same (although the UK seems to be more up to date and the EU has more of the older files if needed). The path to the relevant files is different - in the UK "Front End" leads to the Camera files and "Back End" leads to NVR and DVR files, whereas in the EU portal the files are nested beneath "Technical Materials"

To be confident which camera platform you have - G3 vs G5 (or any other). Just look in the System Settings page under Firmware Version Property at the bottom. One of mine is shown in the image and shows it as G5 platform:

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 08.41.09.png

Thank you so much for clearing up the UK vs EU download specifics. I know my cameras were supplied from the Netherlands so that is that.
I also checked the Camera Plattform and it is G3

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-05 um 09.44.05.png

I now downloaded the 5.5.160 from the EU-Portal (Link) and the update is now in progress - great! Again, thanks!! Still not got my head around if 5.5.800 should work as well but I will try after successfully upgrading to 5.5.160 first.

Greets
-act

PS: Just to confirm - both updates from the EU-Portal (5.5.160 as well as 5.5.800) worked on my Cameras. Thanks again.

Last edited:
New update!
I just saw that the Hikvision UK portal has got a 5.7.1_211009. So we are jumping from V5.5.801_210727 and straight to 5.7.1_211009.

Yes. That is the new G5 firmware.. not G3 which this thread is about.
The G5 update was covered here.
I wonder how many owners of the G3 platform version of the G2 cameras have attempted to update with the firmware for the G5 (c) version. I'd imagine lots...

Yes. That is the new G5 firmware.. not G3 which this thread is about.
The G5 update was covered here.
Right, I had a bookmark to this thread and did not see that it had grown to 3 pages in the meantime ;-) Sorry.

I replaced all my G3 with G5 (C) cameras when I experienced that there was a difference and got it confirmed from Hikvision.

Anyway, I'm running 5.5.114 on G5 camera and will need to keep this firmware version to keep the LED on with motion feature.
I can confirm that V5.5.160 build 210108 has working white linkage on my G3 cameras. V5.7.2 has a build for the G5 that has white light linkage, but that doesn't work on G3s.
If this camera was not secure for some reason, am I just risking the chance that someone could login to my camera and watch the footage? Or, would they be able to get into my network and start messing with other things? If it's just a matter of someone watching my footage, I wouldn't' care as it's just the alley. Let me know your thoughts on this because I really love the image quality coming out of this camera.
You could use your router firewall to prevent WAN (internet) access for the cameras and thus not worry about external attacks. My Hikvision installs are always set up that way.
Right, I had a bookmark to this thread and did not see that it had grown to 3 pages in the meantime ;-) Sorry.

I replaced all my G3 with G5 (C) cameras when I experienced that there was a difference and got it confirmed from Hikvision.
I wish I had that budget! Unless you convinced your distributor to do that for you.
I wonder how many owners of the G3 platform version of the G2 cameras have attempted to update with the firmware for the G5 (c) version. I'd imagine lots...
Thankfully, attempting to install the G5 firmware on a G3 camera fails without bricking the camera.

For those peeps that have G3 non-C models
main hik website has V5.5.820_220520 for DS-2CD2027G2-L(U) models.

no release notes (no surprise there), but there still seem to be some dev going on for the G3 cams.
Maybe admins can reach out to HIK regarding any changes..

For those peeps that have G3 non-C models
main hik website has V5.5.820_220520 for DS-2CD2027G2-L(U) models.

no release notes (no surprise there), but there still seem to be some dev going on for the G3 cams.
Maybe admins can reach out to HIK regarding any changes..
I've just had look at that and the website no longer features the older 'non C' G2 models (G3 platform firmware) of the 4MP turrets (models 2346G2 AcuSense and 2347G2 Colorvu). So it's not clear whether that firmware will be suitable for all G3 platform cameras or just the 2MP bullet models listed in the 'Applied to' box on the page. There are circumstances where a firmware has only been released for specific variants of a model, despite having the same firmware platform. I'd not risk running the firmware on any model variant other than the G2 (G3 platform) models listed until it's on the portal.

Reactions: mtv
Agreed, it's not really clear. But they don't list any G3 (non-C) firmware for most models for a while. But that doesn't mean that they don't exist anymore.
Release notes might shed some light on the applicable models. Or as you said if it appears on the portal.

I'll wait for FW that supports LED light feature, like 5.5.160 does. But looks like G2 non-C model owners are unlucky folks.... a year after the release, the model is no longer being supported.

Hi. Just noticed that the G3 firmware 5.5.820 for non-C models has appeared on the UK portal.
Including release notes :)

Improved Features
- Fixed the issue that IPC failed to connect directly to NVR through POE.
- Fixed same bugs.

Back