01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.1.61 (76XX, 77XX, 96XX NI-I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Last edited:
My upgrade from V3 to the latest V4 GUI went without any issues and all settings carried over.

After 5 days of V4 firmware use here are some of my findings.

The V4 GUI is slick and definitely a visual improvement over the previous V3 version.
Snags:
Mouse scroll wheel in full screen single camera mode still doesn’t advance to next camera, you have to exit full screen and click on the next camera... too many clicks to do one simple operation. The scroll wheel is supported in V4 in the digital zoom mode so why can’t they make the camera change with it?

The V4 Playback bar advance moving the whole time bar instead of a cursor just doesn’t work for me being very jittery when trying to quickly search through a days recordings. Also annoying is The thumbnail preview above the time bar, can you turn it off as I’m sure it’s just using system resources thus slowing down the machine?
We had a burglary incident that occurred over a 4 day period last week and included constant/smart recording and motion/smart recordings and after about 15 minutes of reviewing footage at x8 speed on one camera the system crashed and became unresponsive forcing a reboot. This never happened with V3.

V4 ANPR playback has more options than V3 but with V3 it was retrieved with just a right click and 2 clicks.
The Target detection pane on main screen, I still haven’t figured out how to get the data displayed so for now just taking up screen space.

I noticed When reviewing recorded footage locally on a iPad Air 2 connected at 5G the playback lag is noticeably longer compared to almost instant on V3.

I want to give V4 a little longer but I do miss the speed and simplistic operation of V3.

First time posting...but with some info. I have a Hikvision NVR and upgraded to the V4.1.61 firmware from an earlier firmware (V4.1.54) after seeing an update was available on here. At first everything seemed fine, however for the life of me, I could not get HikConnect to work again to view it on my phone or tablets. In the NVR itself, the menu kept saying 'offline' under the section where you setup Hikconnect. I'm tech savvy and tried all different settings, without success. The NVR was on-line showing an IP address and such in the sense that I could view it through my desktop on IVMS, but could not get it to show 'online' for the Hikconnect within the NVR itself or the Hikconnect website (tried deleting and readding the NVR on the Hikconnect website and all kinds of other stuff). In the end, I did a hard reset of the NVR back to how it came from the factory and that solved the problem. Really it is no different than I do for a wireless router when I update the firmware...do a hard reset. I did it when I updated the NVR from V3 to V4, so i'll make that my routine to hard reset the NVR after each firmware update from now on.

There were a few hiccups after the hard reset where it would not detect one of the cameras which previously worked without issue. Did a second reboot and all is well. HikConnect is working great and I did another reboot of the NVR just to see if all of the cameras would come back up and everything did.

Strangely enough in IVMS, it shows Hikconnect as enabled for the NVR, but disabled for all of the cameras (even though all the cameras show up in Hikconnect just fine).

Last edited:
I’ve experienced similar problems using iVMS-4500 on iOS when viewing recorded footage, it works ok to begin with then I get “cannot connect” and it’s on a local network.
I’ll give V4.1.61 build 180818 another couple of days then I’ll roll it back to the last version of V3

I was using V4.1.54 previously and it was very stable with no connection or other issues.

Since Hikvision doesn't post what changes they made in firmware releases like companies who release firmware updates for wireless routers and such, I'm left to wonder if this update was to close some security loophole. I would rather not tempt fate and not do it, only to get hacked later on because I didn't keep the firmware up to date.

Last edited:
Still no upgrades for -K series since V3.4.98. Unhappy to see them releasing products and then their commitment to support suddenly disappears :(

This seems to be the sad reality with so many electronics manufacturers these days. Two kinds of products come to mind...WiFi routers and cell phones. It seems like if your product is more than two years old, it is essentially too old for them to spend money with firmware fixes to address security issues or include it with the newest Android update. It essentially forces you to buy new products, even if the “old” one still functions fine (but is in need of security patches, etc.).

Well I gave it a week but reluctantly I rolled back to the last version of V3 today.

@Mal
Still no upgrades for -K series since V3.4.98. Unhappy to see them releasing products and then their commitment to support suddenly disappears :(

I'm afraid it does seem to be the case.
When we wrote this post back in February we thought it might be.
HikVision NVRs - should I purchase a -I or a -K suffix NVR?
(Paragraph 4)

It is hard for us to be sure, or to make stronger comments, as very often the communication is poor and we are not well informed ourselves :(

@hikguyinsocal
This seems to be the sad reality with so many electronics manufacturers these days. Two kinds of products come to mind...WiFi routers and cell phones. It seems like if your product is more than two years old, it is essentially too old for them to spend money with firmware fixes to address security issues or include it with the newest Android update. It essentially forces you to buy new products, even if the “old” one still functions fine (but is in need of security patches, etc.).

So true, unfortunately.

One standout that springs to mind - Synology.
I have in the past described their hardware as 'evergreen'.
It seem that no matter how old your hardware every year they will bring out a new version of their Operating System (DSM - Disk Station Manager) and the Surveillance Station App therein that improves your system.
In this day and age it is quite a treat.

Also, as regards their routers, I find them to be exceptionally good to live with too, and in fact trust them to auto-update my home router whenever they release security fixes.

Interesting info about Synology. On the flip side there are companies like Belkin/Linksys who still have not patched the krack hack on router models that are still being sold by them. I’m talking a flagship model, the high end model EA9500. Two year old device and is still being sold, but they still have not patched it. People complain on their own forum about it, but no updated firmware was released, even a year after the hack went public.

As for my Hikvision NVR firmware upgrade to V4.1.61 everything is still going well with no other issues having popped up thus far.

An improved version of the Release Notes is attached - pdf format with images.

Attachments

• External_NVR_V4.1.60_build180719_Release_Notes.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 561
An improved version of the Release Notes is attached - pdf format with images.
Those release notes are for 4.1.60. Any idea what changed further in 4.1.61?

Anyway. I've updated to 4.1.61, and I too noticed that after update, in the web interface it appeared as if Hik-Connect was offline. Oddly, on my Hik-Connect iOS app it showed as online, and I could view live. Also, loggin in to hik-connect.com showed the device as online too! All event alarms from the device had stopped though. the fix for me was to modify the hik-connect URL by ticking the Custom option in the web UI, changing it to something else, clicking save, navigating away then back, then unticking 'Custom' again and click save again. Sure enough after navigating away and back once more, it showed as Online! All event notifications are now working again too! :) Interestingly when I changed the URL to something else and saved, but before I fixed it back again, I checked one more on the app and on hik-connect.com and sure enough they both showed the NVR as offline. It's as though after the update, the NVR goes sort of half-offline? Still shows as online in some locations and can still be remotely accessed, but because IT thinks it's offline, it stops sending event notifications to "Surveillance Center"[sic]. Anyway, though I'd share that for others that thought they may have to downgrade again due to losing Hik-Connect.

One other new feature I noticed (other than it now seems to want to work without ActiveX in non-IE browsers, although it totally didn't show up any video image for me) is that now in the main "Picture" tab in the web UI you can now see images directly in the browser without having to download them by clicking on the misleadingly named "Live View" button next to each image in the list. Not sure what version this showed up in, since I don't look at that very often, mainly because of the lack of this very feature previously. Of course it's poorly implemented as you have to click "Live View" and then close each image before viewing the next. Nothing as outrageously sensible and a next/previous button to be found or, heaven forbid, actual thumbnail previews. Still, it's a start!

Thanks for sharing your findings.

Sorry, we still haven't found any Release Notes for this latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back