01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.1.70 (76XX, 77XX, 96XX NI-I) - updated 7th May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the feedback and updates.

I can only apologise for all the inconsistencies and errors between versions.

I have just looked around the source sites again, and currently all remains the same.

I also checked the Hikvision UK website for their steer on the latest NVR firmware - unfortunately it only shows the below - which does not help :(

1548151649225.png

Update and advice from Hikvision UK Tech Support today - 24th January 2019:

Hi Phil,
Thank you for your email. There have been reported issues with the latest firmware version hence it has been removed from our online portal. Please install V4.1.63 build 190111 as this is a more stable version - see link below.

Thanks @Stefano
There seems to be a problem with your link (they may have moved something in the portal), here's one I just captured:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I won't make a fresh thread for this new version until we've done some tests / had some feedback.

I'm running V4.1.70 build 181114, due to the above I will stick with this for now.
Updating my cameras fixed my previous sub-stream issue I was having. (V5.5.80 build 180911 now updated to V5.5.82 build 181211)

Updates to the Hik websites are confusing for now, having checked both Euro and UK portals do have the same updates for the kit I have.

HIKVISION UK PORTAL
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Would be good I Hik done this...
Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically. Once you install an SSL certificate on your website, you need to redirect your visitors to the secured (HTTPS) version of your site.

Main reason I like to be on the latest version is security and not features.

Increased multiple websites do make it easier to spoof and to allow typosquatting.

A customer who was experiencing repeated daily reboots of his -I NVR has today confirmed to me that the problem was resolved by downgrading from V4.1.64 to V4.1.63.

Despite V4.1.64 still being available for download at their portals, you will see at post #22 above that Hik UK Tech Support did recommend to me that V4.1.63 is the current best/stable version.

Therefore, for the time being, I would recommend that you do not upgrade above V4.1.63.

If you are running a newer version and not experiencing any issues, then I see no reason to downgrade. Please sit tight and await further news.

I can only apologise again for these current issues, hopefully they will be resolved soon.

Watch this space:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I updated my NVR DS-7608NI-I2-8P firmware to 4.1.63 (from 4.1.11) based on the comments above, but now I am not receiving line crossing detection events coming through on my Hik-connect app.

This feature used to work fine under firmware 4.1.11 and the settings are all still the same.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be or how to resolve?

** EDIT: I appear to have managed to resolve this by disabling Hik-Connect in the network settings and then re-enabling it.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out.
I feel it has been there for a little while.
Because they have again changed their file structure all the files are now dated 1st March 2019 :rolleyes:
I would urge caution with respect to updating to that version.
The description includes temp/test.
I would only, for the time being, use that version if guided to do so by Hik Tech Support.
I'll try to find out what 'NPQ Test' is all about.

Can some1 test these firmware on K series i.e: 7616NI-K2 ,i notice something from firmware of K and I series:
both of them came from same Group that called K51, and they have close file size, as you know hikvision does not give update v4 fw for -K series however i think it might be a selling privacy. i want to know if some1 use -I series v4 Firmware on -K series?!

I've just tested the new V4.1.63 firmware on the DS-7608-NI-K2 (8P) and it's fine, everything works. The DS-7604NI-K is a different platform (K53) but the DS-76xx-NI-K2/K4/K8 is the same hardware as the NI-I, which is why the v4 firmware can be used!

Last edited:
Hi,
Hikvision took down the .70 and .71 firmware versions from the UK and EU websites due to problems realised in the field.

They stated at that time that V4.1.63 was regarded by them as stable.

I'd recommend that everyone wait for a new version, and some clarifications from Hikvision.

my NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P is currently V4.1.70 build 181114 and have not noticed any problems. Should I leave it as is or change it?

If you are not seeing any problems, I would stay as you are.

I cannot be sure, but I believe some models came from the factory with that version and have been fine.
Problems arose when people with existing NVRs upgraded to that version.

If you are not seeing any problems, I would stay as you are.

I cannot be sure, but I believe some models came from the factory with that version and have been fine.
Problems arose when people with existing NVRs upgraded to that version.

I upgraded to 4.1.70 sometime ago. I will leave it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back