01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.21 (76XX, 77XX, 96XX NI-I)

The UK portal seems to have a new firmware version available:
4.21.005 build 190509
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Does anyone know if there are any release notes available for this?

Attached

Attachments

• External_NVR_V4.21.005 build190509_Release Notes 4-6-19.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 852
I've tried this new version 4.21.005 build 190509 on my I series NVR. However the same issue exists as with previous- no motion indication on the web interface time line when instructions are followed to select single camera playback and select the motion detection indication icon. Reverting back to 4.1.64 restored that again. This time however when reverting the NVR asked for reactivation and had lost all camera config for those connection via IP and the LAN. All cameras had been set to plug and play, but before some were manual.

Hopefully Hikvision will fix this motion indication issue in firmware after 4.1.64 soon.

Oddly, I just found out tonight that after this upgrade, the minimum/maximum size boxes for line intrusion on two cameras were missing. Nothing missing on any other cams or on the intrusion detection screens. Easy enough to fix, but if you're getting a lot of false alerts from a camera after this update, check your smart alert settings. Otherwise this upgrade has been great.

My I version NVR is rebooting (abnormal shutdown in log) at random times. Every few days it seems. I have read that it could be hik-connect enabled? I could turn this off but then I would not get the notifications for line crossing. I thought this latest firmware 4.21.005 would fix it but it hasn't. Is this abnormal shutdown a regular thing for everyone and not talked about much?

Absolutely not normal. I have Hik Connect enabled and I have no shutdowns. I'd start a new thread and ask for help from Dan, Phil, and the more knowledgeable guys on here.

@Dan I wonder if you've heard any more from Hikvision support on the bug you logged with them re motion indication now appearign in the Web interface on playback in this and later versions, yet worked fine in 4.1.64?

Hi @CliveC

We haven't heard anything directly from Hikvision support but we did have a customer with a series of problems with their cameras connected to an NVR running the latest firmware (v4.21.005) and they updated their G1 cameras (2xx5/2xx3) to the new v5.6.0 firmware and that fixed almost all these compatibility issues with the NVR and so it may also fix the motion issue in playback. You can find the camera firmware here: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I have just checked this now. It worked when I first logged in on Internet explorer. But then won't work now. It worked for me on line crossing. Definitely getting there, maybe the next update they will iron out the bugs and it will be working properly.

OK, a little more playing around I have found that if you use chrome with the new plug in. When you activate line crossing you have to draw a line on the video playing and then it takes a second or two to generate line crossing on the line you drew. This is very interesting as the original line crossing line you done on the nvr will show on the nvr but you can look at others on the fly through chrome.
Very interesting and I welcome others to check this great added hidden gem.

Hi @CliveC

We haven't heard anything directly from Hikvision support but we did have a customer with a series of problems with their cameras connected to an NVR running the latest firmware (v4.21.005) and they updated their G1 cameras (2xx5/2xx3) to the new v5.6.0 firmware and that fixed almost all these compatibility issues with the NVR and so it may also fix the motion issue in playback. You can find the camera firmware here: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hi @Dan thanks for this - only one of my cameras is a G1 model - however after upgrading it to 5.6.0 and tried with the new NVR firmware I can confirm the problem still exists in the latest NVR firmware so again have rolled back to 4.1.64 and all is well with this again.

I have tried it - not too bad it works things aeem ok - but they still haven't fixed the bug that introduced after 4.1.64 where in the web interface playback no longer shows the red marks for motion, but works fine in 4.1.64 I know @Dan logged this some time ago with Hikvision. Maybe time to give them a prod on this one? So as befoe I have rolled back to 4.1.64, which each time wipes out the camera definitions for any not directly connected to the NVR.

Maybe I missed the discussion - but has anyone else picked up on the fact that 4.21.008 no longer requires Internet Explorer with web components? It works in regular old Chrome.

Maybe I missed the discussion - but has anyone else picked up on the fact that 4.21.008 no longer requires Internet Explorer with web components? It works in regular old Chrome.

I thought we had mentioned this in an earlier post in this thread but just scanning through I don't think we actually did but yes the first 4.21.000 firmware did introduce a new plugin that is supported by Chrome, Firefox, and others. You may get a basic live view on this firmware without installing the plugin, but for full access to all settings & playback you will need to install the new plugin which is linked in the top left of the live view page when you log in to the NVR. This 'new' plugin is not yet a full solution because it downloads as a .exe PC install file and there is not yet a Mac compatible plugin file so Chrome on Mac still does not work properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the other thing is that it always gives a blank Live View every time I log in. I have to populate the camera views, then after I log out and back in again, I have to populate them again. Weird.

That problem should be fixed with installing the 'New' plugin because we installed it and when we log in to the NVR with Chrome on a PC all the cameras start streaming as soon as we login.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Chrome in the web GUI, there is a tab in the upper right that says "download plugin." I download the file, LocalServiceComponents.exe, and run it. I am asked if the program has permission to make changes, and I hit yes. I then reopen Chrome and go to my web GUI, and the camera views are not populated. So I populate them, close Chrome, go back in and the cameras are not there. I rebooted my laptop and went through the same procedure and the cameras will not "hold" their positions in live view once I exit Chrome. I have to repopulate the views every time. Am I doing something wrong?

Back