01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.21 (76XX, 77XX, 96XX NI-I)

Will this plugin work properly in chrome for Linux?
At present when I want to access my Hilook ip camera I have to run LocalServiceComponents.exe via wine and it works once IF I leave the browser running. Every time I close the browser I have to re-install it.
Why do I have to run a windows executable in Linux?

Sorry, we can't comment on Linux as we have no Linux-based machines / never work with it.

Update: I can now see this below firmware was released in 2020-7-13, so it isn't new! :rolleyes:.

Wondering why then my HikConnect lag issue has resolved itself this week.

My system is set to auto-update so the NVR is now up to v4.40.015 build 200616.

Not read the release notes (if any) but whatever was in the updates in the last week has resolved my problem of lagging playback through HikConnect app. I was going to raise here to see if others noticed that playback would freeze through the app (and with events playback). Footage would freeze 10-15 seconds at a time, play for a few seconds than freeze again. I put it down to using H.265+on all my streams and my phone not handling the decode. It was the same on other phones I tried Android and Iphone).

Testing this morning, playback for events and normal playback is mostly fluid, maybe with one or two 1 second delays but very much acceptable compared to before.
LiveView still hangs when using HD primary stream (4mp, H.265+ cameras) but I think this was the case previously also. This is easy to deal with by switching to second stream ("Basic" in the app). The playback freezing was a nightmare so will keep testing and I'm hopeful it fully resolved.

Anyone else spotted this?

Last edited:
Update: I can now see this below firmware was released in 2020-7-13, so it isn't new! :rolleyes:.

Wondering why then my HikConnect lag issue has resolved itself this week.

My system is set to auto-update so the NVR is now up to v4.40.015 build 200616.

Not read the notes (if any) but whatever was in the updates in the last week has resolved my problem of lagging playback through HikConnect app. I was going to raise here to see if others noticed that playback would freeze through the app (and with events playback). Footage would freeze 10-15 seconds at a time, play for a few seconds than freeze again. I put it down to using H.265+on all my streams and my phone not handling the decode. Not it was the same on other phones I tried Android and Iphone).

Testing this morning, playback for events and normal playback is mostly fluid, maybe with one or two 1 second delays but very much acceptable compared to before.
LiveView still hangs when using HD primary stream (4mp, H.265+ cameras) but I think this was the case previously also. This is easy to deal with by switching to second stream ("Basic" in the app). The playback freezing was a nightmare so will keep testing and I'm hopeful it fully resolved.

Anyone else spotted this?

Noticed this throughout the last few firmware versions. H.265+ hasn't worked properly on our NVR with G1 cameras among other issues with H.265+ so have had to set everything back. v4.40.017 was released within the last few days but this firmware hasn't fixed outstanding Hik-Connect issues with some 77 series -I NVRs and now there's been unexpected shutdown issues. Recent firmware for these at the moment could only be described as a disaster.

I see now there are 2 newer firmwares available on the UK portal: V4.40.016 build200803 and V4.40.017 build201124.
Interestingly if I hit the "Check Upgrade" button, it does not offer these two. Any reason why?

Regardless, I think I will stay with v4.40.015 build 200616 for now and verify everything is stable with G1 cameras.

Unfortunately the automatic firmware upgrade has never been something that has worked in my experience either. I often find that it's not worth updating unless an existing issue really needs fixing.

It would be nice to know whether the new version V4.40.017, includes the fix that the patched version of V4.40.016 provided for the two way audio failure with AcuSense G2 models. I'd hang fire on upgrading until release notes detail this if you have those cameras and use that functionality.

It would be nice to know whether the new version V4.40.017, includes the fix that the patched version of V4.40.016 provided for the two way audio failure with AcuSense G2 models. I'd hang fire on upgrading until release notes detail this if you have those cameras and use that functionality.

Tried this with mine, seems to be working so far in this update. Was it an immediate error trying to access two way audio you were getting?

Tried this with mine, seems to be working so far in this update. Was it an immediate error trying to access two way audio you were getting?
Most of the time I got an immediate "failed to start the 2 way audio" error. On the odd occasion that it connected the audio was stop start and unusable.

4.40.017 if you have ANPR setup with white and black lists it stopped working for me and I couldn’t resolve, also when you have alarm inputs set to report to Hik-Connect when triggered, they repeat themselves every 3 ish minutes even thought the alarm is gone until you reset the unit 50% of the time so very strange.

move rolled back to 4.22.015 to get ANPR working but this input issue is still present. Didn’t happen with another unit running 4.22.015 that had never seen the 4.40.016 or 4.40.017 updates.

Back