01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.40.010 build200430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision has released new firmware for their I-Series Network Video Recorders. The latest firmware, Version 4.40.010, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes are attached.

The last couple of pages of the release notes specify the applicable NVRs.

Reason of Upgrade

Add new features and optimize product performance.

New features

1.【Support adding motion detection 2.0 IPC】
2.【Support adding audio and light alarm IPC】
3.【Support Hik-Connect to enable One-Key Do Not Disturb function】
4.【Support Hik-Connect / GuardingVision to scan NVR QR code to recover password】
5.【Support local decoding multi-track streams UHD resolution IPC】
6.【Support thermal camera temperature measurement alarm】
7.【Support thermal cameral face temperature alarm】
8.【Support IPv6 network】
9.【Increase log storage period】

Modified functions

1.【Optimization of bandwidth performance】
2.【Optimization of search performance】
3.【Optimization of WEB Live View interface】

Fixed issues

1.【Fix the issue that the sub-stream cannot be accessed】
2.【Fix the issue that Hik-Connect cannot be connected】

Attachments

• NVR_V4.40.010 build 200430_Release Notes.pdf
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 614
You will see from the above summary of updates and the full release notes that unfortunately, this new I-series firmware does not include the Mac browser compatibility updates we were expecting, I asked our Hikvision Support contact about this and their response is below:

Sorry, I just checked with R&D and they replied that there’s still function limitation on the plugin-free solution for mac, which is hard to solve due to technical issues. So it is possible that some functions are still missing on Safari for the latest version of I-series NVR. However, we have released a new 4200 mac version on the website so the customer can choose to use it for configuration: iVMS4200 Series

This is obviously disappointing and we hope that Hikvision R&D can work out the technical issues in the near future, for the time being, it is good to see them making (small) improvements to the iVMS-4200 software and maybe over time iVMS will improve enough and the browser issues may turn out so difficult to resolve that Hikvision may just move to focus fully on iVMS-4200 as the access point for cameras/NVR on a Mac, we will wait and see and keep you updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, the third new feature - "Support Hik-Connect to enable One-Key Do Not Disturb function " - where is that in the Hik Connect app? I did not see it when using the newest version.

The rest of the updates seem pretty good.

Hi @fullboogie

It is not clear but I think they have now added a bell icon next to each added device (I can't tell which devices it will work for as I have limited devices added to my app but it definitely is appearing next to the I-series NVR) and this seems to be the one-key disarm as tapping it sets the NVR to still send events but NOT notifications in the notifications menu on the app, it does also say this should re-enable at end of the day/midnight so I will leave it disabled and see if it does this and report back next week.

I see. That function is already there but you have to click a few times to get to it. So this means no notifications, but all the events will still be on the notification tab. I hope Hik adds another handy one-touch feature to disable events and notifications, with the auto midnight reset.

This new firmware may also explain the issue I raised here, as I am on an older version for my I-series:

I see. That function is already there but you have to click a few times to get to it. So this means no notifications, but all the events will still be on the notification tab. I hope Hik adds another handy one-touch feature to disable events and notifications, with the auto midnight reset.

This new firmware may also explain the issue I raised here, as I am on an older version for my I-series:

Yes I saw that function too, so the NVR seems to send as normal but I guess at the Hik-Connect end it just captures events but doesn't notify you. Interesting. I'm about to try and rig up an IoT automation of the physical one key disarm input, as I can program that to be rules-based rather than a manual switch then (physical or on the app)...

By the description this is really a pause on push notifications. The events will all still be there, so we'd have to delete all of them. I'd like to see Hik do a one-button pause for push notifications and events. Wishful thinking I guess.

OK, this is interesting. I just upgraded to 4.40.010 and the bell icon is now present in Hik Connect even on the previous version of the app.

Also, Hik's description of this feature is wrong. It does not just disable push notifications. It disables push and events! I just tested it several times. Woohoo!

I have both nvr and app to latest update. I have the bell icon to send notifications and notification schedule set 24/7. I do not get any notifications to my iPhone. I get them, but they are silenced. I used to be able to choose but now it’s just silenced all the time. Which is what I currently want but when I go away I want to have the notifications come to my phone and alert me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if there is a bug in the new firmware.

I've wrote some of this elsewhere, it does make your 4 line ANPR camera results a little unstable, ie showing the floor in the preview rather then the plate but it does note the plate number???

And when you use the NVR relays to control things if you have any set to closed/operated as do, (so it alerts me if the power goes off), when you use the new silence feature in HikConnect it opens up the relays and then when you unsilence it does not put them back to the state they were.

And the number plates in the preview are much larger and squished up, as per the photo showing both the new look and clips of the floor or sides of cars. I never had any issues on the previous version of software. Search still works perfectly though.

Attachments

• AFFBD34C-30EA-4C00-8CD8-C0C0DADA0DC0.jpeg
    AFFBD34C-30EA-4C00-8CD8-C0C0DADA0DC0.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 332
Thanks fin, I'll wait until they fix the ANPR issue before hitting the upgrade button.

I have both nvr and app to latest update. I have the bell icon to send notifications and notification schedule set 24/7. I do not get any notifications to my iPhone. I get them, but they are silenced. I used to be able to choose but now it’s just silenced all the time. Which is what I currently want but when I go away I want to have the notifications come to my phone and alert me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or if there is a bug in the new firmware.

Yeah new firmware seems to have broken mine as well. There is (and always was) a sub option within the app settings to enable Events only to go to the app or events and push notifications. Regardless how I have this set I only receive events and not push notifications. This behaviour started immediately after updating the firmware. So far I've logged in and out of Hik Connect, disabled/re enabled Hik Connect in the NVR, toggled the settings on/off etc to no avail.

Additionally it has broken playback of alarm inputs. From the events list in the app you could previously playback all events whether basic, smart or physical alarm inputs. Now the playback icon for events generated by PIR's I have connected to alarm inputs are greyed out.

If I can't get to the bottom of it I'll have to factory reset it and see if that sorts it.

Installed it on my NVR and reverted back to the old firmware. Too many issues like you say plus my playback was god awful.

Installed it on my NVR and reverted back to the old firmware. Too many issues like you say plus my playback was god awful.

Likewise here, from what I've encountered unfortunately update seems to break ability to view streams for certain cameras via web browsers and IVMS including playback.

Odd you guys are having these problems. I'm not experiencing any issues on the web browser or Hik Connect. I do not use IVMS though.

Odd you guys are having these problems. I'm not experiencing any issues on the web browser or Hik Connect. I do not use IVMS though.

Issue for me seemed to be isolated to certain types of cameras, doesn't seem to be a blanket issue and affects the main stream only.

I'll get to the bottom of it - IVMS is actually working normally though I only connect directly not using Hik Connect method on that app. The issues I have so far:

1. No push notifications, only events via Hik Connect (connection method is Hik Connect)
  2. Events in the list from physical alarm inputs linked to cameras cannot be played back on Hik Connect (never been possible on IVMS and the reason I started using Hik Connect app)
  3. Push notifications work normally to IVMS 4500 (though connection method here is IP/Domain as I prefer to connect directly)
I think although I've only noticed the push problem since I updated the firmware, that it's actually the Hik Connect app at fault. After all if the events are appearing in the app as usual that would indicate connectivity is fine. Unfortunately uninstalling, reinstalling the app has not resolved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back